Inside GBX Panel at PAX East 2017 - Mar 12

There is going to be Gearbox panel on this year’s PAX EAST!

Battleplan 41 says “Don’t be fooled though - this won’t be your average panel. We have a lot planned, including a surprise or two.”
http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/inside-gearbox-panel

This is your opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing, along with the latest news and updates from the makers of Borderlands, Battleborn, Brothers in Arms, and more! We will have never-before-seen reveals, exclusives, and surprises, so don’t miss out!

What we COULD expect? (From highest to lowest possibility in my opinion)

• Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition discussion - this panel is just a few weeks before release
  • Discussion about Battleborn future (free demo? new updates? season 2?)
  • Entertainment
  • Homeworld or Duke Nukem related news
  • Teaser/Reveal for Borderlands 3 / new Brothers In Arms
  • New Gearbox Publishing game
  • Gearbox Quebec project reveal
  • Completely new IP announcement

Soo, what do you think? I hope at least 2-3 of these things from above will be there :smiley:
Anyways, if you are like me and CAN’T ATTEND actual pax, there is going to be livestream here: https://www.twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware

6 Likes

Definitely Bulletstorm

Something or other about Borderlands 3, certainly not anything real but probabaly a tease in conversation

Probably an announcement that they’re releasing Supercharge and something about the trial demo

4 Likes

I gotta take this opportunity to shout about Borderlands 3 or whatever the next BL thing is:

I… NEED… NEWS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (read this one with the voice of Gromm Hellscream from Warcraft 3)

GAAAAAAHHHHH ! ! ! ! ! ! (read this one with some badass war shout voice)

1 Like

@ThatJohnS Since it is related to Battleborn, I added it to the events page. Boston is apparently -05:00 so I set the timezone to that.

1 Like

Hoping there’s more PAX Mega codes for BB. Still need cyber ISIC.

2 Likes

Updated OP with correct link: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/inside-gearbox-panel1
For some reason, there has been “1” added after panel :smiley:

EDIT: it’s fixed again -_-
http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/inside-gearbox-panel

Updated post and added event countdown for those that are confused by timezones like me (I can’t be the only one, right? :smiley: )

link is here as well https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170312T1030&p0=43&msg=Inside+GBX+Software+Panel+-+PAX+EAST+2017

Ever since the BL3 Tech Demo my anticipation for this panel has been at MAX level. I will be so stoked if we even get a glimmer of what you are working toward in the Borderlands space. I will be gutted if we here nothing at all… just sayin’.

Update! Confirmed stream wil be happening here! :slight_smile: https://www.twitch.tv/gearboxsoftware

And…what happened there then? Was this just to make people tune in? Not happy with this, kinda taking advantage of people and what could be taken out of context - as a blatant lie?

We know it’s gonna be ages before the game comes out, but you shouldn’t put in in text unless it’s really gonna be talked about.

I have never stated this will be there. I said it’s possibility.
Overall, it was a bad panel. There was literally NO NEW INFORMATION about anything.
So I’m not happy about it too.

A short , meaningless trailer like this could have saved the panel’s dignity and expectations

3 Likes

Firstly I apologise because I didn’t read the whole of your thread. However…

As this is in the news thread and looks fairly authentic I didn’t look at it as being ‘speculative’. I can’t understand why you would write a list of things they ‘might’ talk about. Anyone could think up a list. I understand why people do these lists, part and parcel of human nature, so no worries digga.

Anyhoo, yes that was a big disappointment. I can’t for the life of me understand why they don’t address their fan base a little more openly. I’ve been a gamer since the 70’s and even back in the day developers would keep us up to date with progress of games. Things have changed a lot yes, but there is no reason why they can’t just address Borderlands 3, and even talk about what their fans are discussing. They have this forum, where lots of things are talked about, so they must know. Community managers etc., and devs and other GBX employees read this forum.

Anyway, I’ll be sure to read proper in das future.

3 Likes

I just wanted to make unbiased list about what we can expect. I should’ve made 2 sections - one with pretty much confirmed things and other with…not so much.
The reason why I did it is simple - I think last year somebody made similiar one. And since there was no list when I came here, I decided to make one.
Looking at my list, it has been pretty accurate. First 3 things were really there.
If there is going to be next time through, I’ll try to make it more clear.

About that panel, I think the biggest issue is it’s description on pax website which states there’s going to be latest news from creators of Battleborn, Borderlands and Brothers in Arms.
If they know people want BL3, they should not write this kind of stuff. It just makes people sad at the end.

Again, I’m sorry if I made somebody hyped by this thread, my intention was only to inform.

(Well at least I didnt make a video about gearbox solving their own easter eggs and telling thousands of subscribers that there is going to be borderlands 3 reveal… :wink: )

1 Like

You know, as bad as Gearbox PAX panels are, at least they’re not as bad as Ubisoft E3 panels.

I will never forget the image of Aisha Tyler giving her condolences to those affected by the Orlando massacre while standing next to a lady clown and a guy in a giraffe costume.

That trailer came out in August 2011 which is a year before the games release. Since they have so far released Borderlands in September one can assume the first time we would see a teaser trailer for the game will be August this year with a release in late 2018 (or worse years after that). I think it was premature to show a trailer but some insight into where they are going with the game would have been nice.

While nothing will beat Mr. Caffeine from years back, this was pretty bad.

1 Like

So the BL3 easter eggs found in Battleborn and the GDC Borderlands Tech Demo aren’t considered insight into what they are doing with their next Borderlands game??

1 Like

The only news I’m interested in and to me the biggest news will be borderlands 3.

I’m personally in agreement with your position but I agree with @boomshanka08 in spirit. Perhaps to lend a different perspective

If you’re going to have a panel from a game developer at a game expo… you might have a reasonable expectation of finding information about upcoming games from that developer. Note this isn’t me saying they need to do nothing but BL3, but these dog and pony shows aren’t doing anything but making individuals look obnoxious and unprofessional

2 Likes