Introduction + Question from a newcomer!

Hey folks!

This is my first post. Really happy to join another community and can’t wait to get to know y’all.

I have a bit of a funny history with this game - In the past I would primarily play it on Xbox, and between living with other people/not wanting to be that guy that hogs the television, and just having life get busy from time to time, I always lost momentum. I got my zer0 up to about level 23 the first time I played and then didn’t play again for a couple years - tried again with Gaige later, same deal. Never got past normal mode. Never worked out how to use the side missions to my advantage.

Two things changed that completely. For one, an old high school friend who is a certifiable veteran at this game moved into my place, and then the switch release happened. I have racked up about 400 hours with Krieg, and 120 with Wilhelm (just pretend I have Chronicler of Elpis equipped, if the speccing doesn’t make sense), and there’s so many characters I still wanna check out yet. Having finally persevered with this game, it has since proven itself to me as a total revelation.

Anyway, here’s my question: recently I tried to farm moxxi’s toy box to no avail. Just didn’t reappear. My first thought was that this has been patched and I just read an old thread. If this is the case, are there any farming/techniques/tips/tricks/exploits that don’t work anymore that I should know about instead of finding out the slow way?

Heyoo! Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

There’s a plethora of lists out there. Just search for things like “glitches that still work” and such. Your best bet is to hit up youtube or reddit since those kinds of things are usually frowned upon here in the official forums.

I had a similar journey into borderlands. Tried it once and got zero to around level 20ish and put it down for a few years. GF was interested, so we picked it back up together 3 years ago and haven’t stopped playing since. It’s been a fun ride.

Thanks! great to be here.

those kinds of things are usually frowned upon here in the official forums.

I can definitely appreciate that. Will keep in mind, and thanks for the tip - I really struggled to phrase this one for google to understand, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Tried it once and got zero to around level 20ish and put it down for a few years. GF was interested, so we picked it back up together 3 years ago and haven’t stopped playing since. It’s been a fun ride.

Damn, that’s so cool. I’m not really dating anyone at the moment but this is definitely one I think could be fun to play co op if that changes. I’d play with friends if they played!

Borderlands is definitely more fun with friends. With BL3 out, I’m not sure how active bl2 and tps are here. I’m always down for new friends to play, but I’m on PC.

You could troll through the online play groups in here and there is an official borderlands discord with people looking for co-op partners.