Inventory is Bugged

Sometimes the icons are just plain wrong for the item when going there.

Every time something change, like moving an item from backpack to item slot or changing slot, every thing update and, often, icon and item are out of sync… i.e. item have the wrong icon

And, come to think of it, maybe the description popup is wrong too. After all I am not even sure which is right, the icon or the popup description?

Small rant and whinge: Because of the inventory flakiness I lost my first level 50 legendary, a good one to boot, the Crossroad SMG :frowning:

4 Likes

I was going to make a new post but might as well highlight this 20 day old post… It seems to be getting worse. My inventory is filled with guns that have shield icons and legendary guns with green guns being displayed. It’s a complete disaster. Not only does it seem to happen more often but lately it doesn’t seem to go away. Before at least if I scrolled my inventory or closed/opened my inventory it would fix itself. Now it just stays all mixed up.

How is a major inventory bug like this just going on for weeks with no word or hint at a fix? Is anyone aware of anyone from GB acknowledging this?

3 Likes

I saw a video recording recently about some developer interview or something and they mention they were working on stash and bank update…

Fingers crossed they fix that! :slight_smile:

I bet the main issue is that they could be using 3rd party DirectX UI library so it’s extra hard for them to fix behavior of the UI controls…
That would be the only reason I see such an obvious bug passing QA… :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah… i was about to post something too but, i too might as well use this one.
i just lost my favourite legendary while selling junk. it was not equiped and the game changed the picture and the rest of the card with random stuff from my inventory. and now its buried in a vending machine… im sad.

I hope theres a fix coming for that

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m worried that I will sell the wrong thing. I probably already have sold things I didn’t mean to. Just a really bad bug that shouldn’t be allowed to languish like this.

4 Likes

I feel like the inventory issues have been sort of forgotten about due to all the other more major bugs like guardian ranks and such. However, this is still bugged more than 2 months later and I haven’t even heard a peep that this is being worked on or even acknowledged. Has anyone heard anything about this being fixed?

I want to also point out another more minor but nonetheless annoying inventory bug that I haven’t seen mentioned which is the scrolling resets sometimes when retrieving items. For instance, you are trying to withdraw certain items and you are scrolled down like 75% of the page and randomly when you retrieve an item it resets back to the top of the page causing you to have to go back down and figure out where you were just a second before. This happens to me like one out of every 3 items I withdraw from the bank.

Certainly not major but more and more annoying as the bank size and number of items grow. It’s especially annoying considering there is no way to organize bank items. Please for the love of god fix all the inventory issues and add bank tabs that we can name, color and move around like they have in Path of Exile.

2 Likes

Yeah the inventory bug is pretty annoying, keeps swapping the info cards.

Gearbox really needs to pick up the pace with bugfixing. Game has been out for nearly three months now and it has still got a multitude of bugs.

1 Like

sometimes? Inventory UI is broken for me for weeks now. I try to swap something out and the UI shows me the wrong icons forcing me to mouse over every single one to make sure I get the right item. UI lag is horrendous at all times, especially bad when I go into my skilltrees.

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve had this happen to me since the last Hot Fix. It’s quite irritating. I’ve had to memorize my shield layout and just click on the gun that’s in it’s place. It works and I get the right shield, but why should I need to do that? Also the lag just GETTING to the menu!

1 Like

Yeah it’s broken since the last “patch” and here some tips:

1. Don’t mark stuff as trash outside of vending machine
  2. Always go to sold stuff tab in vending machine and thoroughly check everything
  3. Double and triple check stuff you throw away while on the road

What luckily doesn’t seem to be affected (at least for me):

1. Inventory while in vending machine
  2. Inventory if mailing stuff
  3. Inventory while in bank
2 Likes

I prefer to use the Bank UI for marking stuff like that. You can see a lot more items at once, and the icons never bug out.

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t bug out, but for me the stuff I mark there doesn’t carry outside, so stuff marked there may or may not be marked later, perhaps another bug.

3 Likes

If that happens change the status of one item and it should refresh them all and still be marked.

2 Likes

Yes I have lost so many items through this…

2 Likes

It is disappointing when the original older bugs no longer get mention because the prevalence of new bugs.

Yeah, this one also effects me as well. Seems to have got exponentially worse with the last patch. Item cards change around like a spinning disco ball in the wind.

3 Likes

Another thing I meant to mention…and I don’t know if this is a bug or by design but why are items marked (as trash or favorite) only stay that way in your bag but the mark goes away if you move it to the bank? If I mark it as trash or as a favorite I want it to stay that way regardless of where it is.

So we currently have these inventory/UI bugs that I know of:

-item cards get mixed up constantly when moving/selling items causing mass inventory confusion and risk to selling the wrong items.
-scrolling resets to the top of the page randomly when retrieving items from the bank
-horrible inventory lag
-items marked in your bag lose their trash or favorite designation once in the bank for some unkown reason
-the “new” item “!” shows up every time you enter the bank for the same items every…single…time.
-there is no sane method to organize your stuff in the bank. Not a bug but this should be added as inventory size grows. The logical and simple solution is to add custom tabs that we can label with our own titles (and color) so that we can more easily organize all the items.

1 Like

this bug first appeared when GB nerfed Fl4k & Moze. It was not there on drop day.

1 Like

I think this particular issue was on PS4 and not Xbox One. I’m just having the mix-up problems. And lag time opening my menu…it’s a pain in the a** for sure…

1 Like

What’s bad is trying to swap items mid-battle and you have to read the descriptions instead of looking at the pictures.

1 Like