Well not everything but many things.
We love the game (BL2) but are now super frustrated that we cant play together. My buddy and I have been playing through co-op but about a month ago we started getting “please check network cables” whenever I try to add him to my game or he tries to add me. The specific reproduction steps are:
- Logon to PS4 and enter BL2
- See friend in main menu
- Invite to game
- Says connecting
- Error message: ‘Please check your network cables’
- Player that tried to connect gets locked out of network mode (when you try to switch network mode to public or to any other non local mode it save updating session but doesnt actually change anything) until you return to game selection screen and enter BL2 again. Host player is unaffected.
Can also be reproduced if 1 person is in game as single player but open to friends, and the other player just tries to join game.
What is odd is that we can usually join other multiplayer games, just not if he or I host. Both of our PS4 network tests come up ok. We have even tried things like:
- dropping our MTU in PS4 network settings
- using completely different connection to PS4 (local wifi, tether to phone, back to wired)
- port forwarding on routers
- reseting the PS
- etc, etc
Any other suggestions will be welcomed. tia