Is BL3 "there" yet, for you?

the update doesnt affect me much as would need to get season pass 2 or directors cut first, and current price isnt worth it i think also not interested in whole ava story, as hated her enough in main bad story.

1 Like

i just checked the leg doc for the new DLC gear
i am barely interested :confused:

3 Likes

That new FL4K COM tho . . .

These are sad times.

5 Likes

im playing moze so…“free grenades”
oh, even more free grenades? we dont have enough already xDDDD
maybe give us something useful xD

1 Like

As I mentioned above, which was before the patch, No.

After patch nope.

Shame as I was working on a Cryo, Urad Splash build on Moze. What the patch needed to do was with the base game create reasons for me to want to play and nope. Mayhem 2.0 exists and the story is so bad I dont wanna do TVHM.

Plus if I did M0 TVHM then the build even with on mayhem level gear would just one shot everything.

I will say comfortably that BL3 failed as a live service game. As the most important part of a Live service game is to give players reasons to regularly play.

There is no hope for this game on consoles, which I play this on as my laptop can at best run Stardew and Emulators of PS2/Gamecube. With how much of a mess the devs makes this its down to the community to fix their game.

5 Likes

man if only they didnt try to live service us the game would still be in a pretty good state right now

2 Likes

The Series X upgrade was really what “got me there” with Borderlands 3, as most of my issues stemmed from how godawful it was playing on the Xbox One S. Running any of the TDs or CoS was virtually impossible during COOP due to heavy frame drops, audio stutters, and worst of all crashing. Farming was a nightmare thanks to spending most of time loading screens. And worst of all, the 3 minute Claptrap loading screen. It was awful!

However, playing the upgraded version was a whole new experience. Fast load times, smooth 60FPS, proper working menus, no crashing when playing COOP in M10 – it was a dream come true!

The game isnt perfect by any means, and GBX has made a few decisions that left me scratching my head. However, I still do find this game quite fun to play, it was just that the technical state of previous gen consoles which killed my desires to play 99% of the time.

3 Likes

I must say I am rather satisfied with the revamp of loot system:

• lower world drop: no more clutter and
    feeling exhausted to see orange everywhere.
    Plus all the various legendary sources like machines, gun gun and chest feel useful

• Maurice Machine offers exclusive drops like Kyb worth which is an appreciable novelty

• Reroll of anoint : very sastisfying to get my rare items with the anoint I want

With all of these, legendaries feel precious again but you are not stuck when a rare item roll with an undesired anoint.

Where the patch is falling short is the bug fix as usual, a lot remain to be done and even what is done is not completely fixed ( cough cough Gamma burst anoint…)

3 Likes

They really should have just aimed for this to be a next gen game and waited to release it along with those systems. They could have really perfected things with that extra time and it wouldn’t have let down so many fans who did purchase it for Xbone and PS4.

3 Likes

Given that it’s still impossible to buy PS5/Xbox Series X/S, they would’ve lost their shirt by ignoring that very sizable existing install base on PS4/XBOne. I’ve got 1.5 years of pretty enjoyable experience on Xbox One S (load times notwithstanding).

1 Like

I actually liked Ava. I just thought she was annoying after Maya died and she was a total “mary sue” in how easily she mastered her powers and how important they were. I had just as much problem with Tannis being stupidly bad with her own powers and taking a leadership role, Lilith’s uselessness in combat and bad leadership (plus them both being able to fast charge vault keys with no eridium), Aurelia’s massive personality change, Rhys and Vaugn becoming idiots with no personality, etc, etc.
The biggest issue I had with Ava, though is that Maya dies to teach her the lesson that “there’s more to being a vault hunter than running into danger”, but instead of that, the lesson Ava learned was “running towards the fire”, and worst of all, she forces that onto others, telling them to think less and act fast which is dumb. The writers messed up a LOT, but having your core theme based around a character learning the wrong lesson is insane.
It looks like the “Snyder cut” deleted scene shows a different side, but it won’t change the actual story and it might still have some of the same problems.

Ultimately, I think most players aren’t bothered by the new Ava missions, as there’s not much discussion going on, and I don’t see them changing people’s minds.

4 Likes

I am truly disappointed in the loot drop nerf. I haven’t been playing as long as some of the seasonal players who are happy with little to no legendaries dropping but I am still working on building my character. To have literally no legendary drops on several boss fights and an endless supply of white and green drops, just ruined the game for me. My play style was to farm for gear, now my favorite way to play has been destroyed.

2 Likes

if it wasnt for ava butting in, maya would survived most likely anyway, thought there is also argument how they dumbed down most of characters also as they are aware the twins are leeche’s for siren powers but maya seems to forget that when she grabs troy and gives him wide opening to leech her, but yeah after maya died due to ava’s terrible actions i kinda just grew to hate her character and persona.

Or maybe listen to the customers/community about issues with their game instead of following the latest trends (streamers and live service games)

1 Like

The only problem with that though is that there are people with the new generation consoles that are having the same console crashing issues that the rest of us had on the last gen. Personally think it is something more as others have said, poor coding and proper testing.

2 Likes

The story was that Maya was going to die. You can blame whoever you want, but Maya was going to die. She was not going to survive nomatter what Ava was written to do.

1 Like

think of it from creative point of view if ava didnt rush in and act all big , ava wouldnt got caught and then also maya wouldnt needed to grab troy (even if characetrs forgot the twins was leeches) though your right but also i can think of how it would ended differently if ava was never in the game also but own opinion and we dont all have to like story because its popular theme/branding, by that logic i should love how they handled fable 4…as loved fables 1-3 but fable 4 sucked and killed off what made it great also and that showed.

Is that based on what the writers’ wanted? Because I don’t really count that in as a factor.

2 Likes

Held on until yesterday… Read the patch notes and decided i won’t buy DLC 6… I’m probably going to try the redux mod or just Uninstall the game…

This game was a total waste if time for me… Got my money’s worth but that’s really it… Wasn’t really an enjoyable time (more then half of the time waiting for GBX to fix their stupid bullsh*t but it kept getting worse)

Should have quit with mayhem 2.0…

3 Likes