Is Celestial Baroness bugged?

(The Other Dude) #1

My lvl-33 Celestial Baroness has +.9 Ammo Regen. In my mind that means that it would take 10 seconds to spawn 9 bullets. I just timed 10 bullets and it took 39 seconds, indicating .256 ammo regen.

Tom.

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #2

Bullet regen never made sense, it’s not per-second.

In Bl1 every weapon type seemed to have different rates even though the number was the same.

Maybe it’s percentage based?

(AKA Scruffy the Janitor) #3

Check out the regeneration table at the bottom of the webpage. Rank 1=1 ammo of that weapon type per time period (different weapons have different time periods).
Eg: at rank 1, 1 repeater ammo is regenerated every 2.5 seconds whereas 1 rocket would be regenerated every 16.75 seconds at rank 1.

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #4

Cool thanks.

So yeah, it’s impossible to know until you’ve tested it, since TPS probably uses different time periods than Bl1.

Didn’t Sals Hoarder COM measure it in ammo/second though? Seems odd to go back to the older, more confusing method.

(AKA Scruffy the Janitor) #5

Perhaps. Hoarder COM’s had team bullet regeneration up to +3.0. Instead of rank, it’s a decimal number. They might have changed it to 3 ammo per second at +3.0. Might be something to look into…

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #6

The original question was asking about a regen rate of 0.9, so who knows?

(AKA Scruffy the Janitor) #7

If the game still used the original formula for ammo regeneration, at rank 1 sniper ammo would regenerate 1 ammo every 12.5 seconds. So 3 ammo would be 37.5 seconds. So at rank 0.9 it would take slightly longer just for 3 rounds, however the OP regenerated 10 bullets in 39 seconds. This would suggest a different formula.

(Cr8zy Sappa) #8

How I wish her or claptraps com regenerated rockets…this makes me want to play borderlands 1 again for that sweet sweet rocket regen.

(The Other Dude) #9

Ok, did some more testing (10 pieces of ammo each):

Pistol: 14 seconds
Rifle: 12 seconds
Shotgun: 24 seconds
Laser: 9 seconds
SMG: 10 seconds

I don’t have all my ammo types upgraded equally, so I can’t tell for sure, but, it looks somewhat like the time is inversely proportional to the amount of max ammo per type…

Tom.