Is it a bad thing that

I’ve had about 3 or 4 Cracked Sash drop for me all together, and I find the purple rarity Tedior Instant/Quick/Speedee/Whatever else Shields are usually better. Cracked Sash is just more consistent in the stats, but it doesn’t have elemental resistance. The OP10 Quick Shield I got is Akaline which is really fun to play around with.

The thing is you have to spec right and use specific class mods/relics to get the most out of these shields. I normally just run around with a perfect 50/49/880 Antagonist with a 1.6 ish recharge speed. With Grit and my shield skills, I’m damn nearly invincible against anything that isn’t a raid boss nova.

2 Likes

They’re great with Axton and Maya to a lesser degree. Mostly pointless with anyone else.

2 Likes

It’s called taking the fun out of gaming and turning it into work. When you calculate every single possible variable you essentially remove the need to play it there’s nothing left to discover. It’s a systematic, sterile, cold approach to gaming and, no offence but sounds like a sad existence. I’m sure someone who clearly has a talent for details could find a much more productive use of their time. I believe the title asked is it bad that they exposed every detail in the game… I say yes it is bad not only for the individuals social psychology isolating themselves, but for the game as well, essentially sucking the life and personality out of the game leaving an empty shell. It’s not what I would call healthy gaming. And I don’t mean to sound rude or mean I’m sure they are very nice and again clearly smart and talented it’s just my opinion

1 Like

You waited 12 days just to decide you had more to say?

6 Likes

In a way you’re correct I do wish I had your ability and freedom to do whatever you like.i don’t however envy your choice to shut yourself out of life and bury yourself in the numbers and details. Surely NASA or someone could use talents like that. Cause let’s be honest you don’t get out to socialize much I’m assuming to each their own I suppose, but I would say the same thing to the 12 year old kid who spends 20 hours a day gaming in a dark room with no friends… It’s not healthy gaming

1 Like

If you want to disparage the fine folks that think organization helps them get more out of the game, people who put in more effort than you’re willing to, you could probably find a better use of your time too. Also, you should probably know more about the people you’re talking about when you choose to cast aspersions. I somehow doubt that

is as accurate as you think it is. I, for one, am jealous of anyone who can organize their hobbies more efficiently than I can.

These are all opinions, and you’re being a little too judgey for this to be entirely friendly. Relax, have a drink, whatever, just don’t attack folks here. This isn’t Twitter.

6 Likes

I play a lot, when I’m in a gaming phase, because I work a lot, often nightshift and there’s no point walking about at night when I’m not at work, and I’m in my 20’s. Some people just aren’t social beings, and that’s fine.
Nowhere open, nothing local to see and unless I want to slunk into a pub (overpriced, depressing and wasteful for cash) I’d be creeping about at night.
Additionally, where I live often has blergh weather and far too many pigeons and seagulls to be pleasant (flying rodents).

Also, the forum rules do state “don’t be a jerk”, if people have differing opinions that’s up to them. It takes all kinds of people.

Enclosed for convenience, FORUM RULES

9 Likes

I game in my spare time, which is a little less plentiful these days. But it’s a good way to destress, to take my mind into a lower gear when it’s spinning out of control, and a medium that is versatile enough to satisfy all of my different needs (narrative, problem solving, pretty colors and scenery), all with the convenience of a pause button. And it is an engaging activity that my son and nephew enjoy passively and actively when we are together. It is a wonderful accent to the rest of the life that I live. Video games have definitely grown up with me, from the child oriented toy my parents saw when they got me my first console in 87 to the more mature titles and richer gameplay that brought me back to gaming during the late 90s. It’s not a substitute for life, but a wonderful flavor I use to keep it stimulating.

8 Likes

It’s clear you’re on the wrong forum @spartikus35. You may think you’re being a concerned citizen, but that’s just hubris.

Now if you don’t mind, we were talking about important matters : gear.

8 Likes

So you’re looking forward to the next Gears as well? TBH, I still haven’t finished either of the first 3 so- wait, this isn’t the Gears of War forum? Whoops…

6 Likes

Y’know, as I went through Angel’s chambers again last evening, besides this ^^^ I also realized…
Lilltih just phase walked in, no problem. Why didn’t she just do that, grab the key, and skedaddle? 1 minute, tops, and we’re not fighting the Bunker.
Ah well.
–RoA

7 Likes

Because of undisclosed reasons known only to the scriptwriter, of course! Those guys are omnipotent, you know (even if not exactly omniscient (cough Bloodwing cough)

4 Likes

Actually thought about it on the drive in.
Maybe the force field protecting Angels chamber was not a wall blocking the elevator, but blocking the entire chamber.
We know of two types of force walls, the flat, point to point ones like the one blocking the path to Angel’s lair.
We also know of spherical ones that surround, for example ION loaders.
Angels chamber must be behind one of the second type, and that blocked Lillith’s entry even for a quick peek.
Problem solved.
–RoA

5 Likes

That was my thought. The VH disables the enhanced security measures that would otherwise keep everyone out. There’s only so much dialogue and back story that can be put into a game and not making it like reading a novel. Some things we just have to assume. It’s like our acceptance of the Force.

2 Likes

It’s because Roland, Brick, and Mordi are not badass enough to break into the chamber without getting bodied by Jack’s defenses. The VHs in the second game are way more badass (and expendable) than the ones from the first, so it stands to reason they had to be there as the muscle. Lilith was the only one strong enough to do anything but Roland wouldn’t let her go there for fear Jack would do something to her, and if she died or was captured they would all be screwed. She did it anyway, because once Roland was there he really couldn’t babysit her at Sanctuary anymore, and she didn’t want Roland to die.

2 Likes

I don’t agree that they weren’t badass enough. The BL2 VH already had all the gear to bypass Jack’s defenses. So that allowed them all to get in once they were down. I’m sure any of the former VH’s could have handled it, too. But this was a story about the new blood, with the old in support.

1 Like

But who are you to say it wasn’t designed like that? I highly doubt they thought nobody would do things like this.

I mean you’re allowed to think it’s a bad thing, but it’s all about perspective

4 Likes

Don’t mind if I do.

Why, that is a very clear way to present an opinion that doesn’t appear to be casting aspersions at the OP, rather than just saying

as if your opinion is the only correct one. If you don’t want answers to questions you may have wanted to ask, maybe don’t spend your time reading posts on a forum where people try to answer questions in a diligent fashion. The point the rest of us are making is that you don’t get to decide right and wrong for everyone. If you feel something is right or wrong for yourself that’s your prerogative, but if you are saying you know best for everyone that is hubris. We are a pretty tight knit community, and we don’t appreciate our friends being disparaged for their idiosyncrasies. It wouldn’t be cool if I said you were wrong about everything because you can’t spell Spartacus correctly, would it? (I’m not actually saying that, it’s a hypothetical.)

5 Likes

A friendly reminder to follow the COMMUNITY GUIDELINES and use the flag system rather than responding in person.

Thread closed since it is strayed way off topic again.

4 Likes