Is it a bug or do I miss something?

(MrStraw) #1

My Siren somehow deals massive corrode damage with any weapon even with a basic normal weapon. I read her skills her relics, modifications, but I didn’t find anything that would explain this. I go through bosses like butter. Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #2

Are you specced into Cloud Kill?

(MrStraw) #3

yep I have this one.

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #4

There’s your answer then. Cloud kill causes a corrosive cloud to form on an enemy when you shoot them, causing Corrosive damage as long as things stay in the cloud. It last for 5 seconds and got quite a substantial boost a while back (If the wiki is accurate and trustworthy on this).

(MrStraw) #5

Thanks for the answer but it’s not that. I just shoot an enemy with a normal weapon and it starts to corrode. It’s not the cloud.

(Isthiswill) #6

There’s a likelihood that the animation isn’t displaying every time the skill activates. It will activate with any weapon, regardless of the element.

(MrStraw) #7

I get the mechanic, that, I kill someone it creates an acid cloud and people around it will die. Ok. But I just shoot a Loader in the knees with a basic weapon, and the corrosion eats it.

(Pluto IS a planet!) #8

That’s how it works…shoot anyone anywhere with anything and corrosion happens.

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #9

The name is quite deceptive, it’s called cloud kill, but it’s not actually a kill skill.

(MrStraw) #10

Ok thanks. The skill description did not mention that. Its quiet badass then.

(Pluto IS a planet!) #11

It’s a bit overpowered.

(Isthiswill) #12

When in doubt www.bl2skills.com is your friend:

(MrStraw) #13

yep it was quiet annoying, when there was a story mission, where I only had to injure the robots not to destroy them, but no matter what i used I killed them instantly.

(MrStraw) #15

Ok I get it now. I misunderstood that.

(MrStraw) #16

Thanks for the help everyone.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #17

If you kill enough loaders there the doors open anyways

("She keeps on passin' me by...") #18

Definitely Cloud Kill. Imo they made it a little bit too strong but it’s helpful no doubt

( [master] of com[bate]) #19

You can see its progress down in the tray :

(Isthiswill) #20

Didn’t mean to pile it on, just sharing a resource I rely on because the explanations are just easier to come by in the interface.

(What does it all mean!?) #21

the history of Cloud Kill is quite funny… it used to be utterly useless past very early game when you didn’t need it… now they buffed it, so it functions normally at max level, but it’s ridiculously overpowered early game to the point where a lot of people choose to not use it early game because it makes everything really easy…for laughs, take a slag gun of any type and one shot an enemy then watch cloud kill suck it’s health away… you’re basically seeing that now even without a slag gun