Is it me or does the missile volley super not work?

(GOLIATH Mod) #1

I’ve been messing around with adding some weapons that a ship can shoot on command with the missile volley button. It wasn’t working as I expected, so I took a really close look at how the missile destroyers work in-game, and it seems to me like it hardly ever works, and almost never right when you press the button.

Is it just me?

(GOLIATH Mod) #2

Still trying to get the missiles to work right. Somewhere I saw a command like usespecialattackinnormalattack=1 or something like that. I think it makes the CPU use missiles on the missile destroyers all the time. Does anybody know where that is? I can’t find it. Thanks!

(GOLIATH Mod) #3

it’s a granted AI reasearch in aiproperties.lua - now to see if it works on humans :wink:

(GOLIATH Mod) #4

yep, it works!

(Sastrei) #5

Wait so was the missile destroyers always using the missile dump special attack?

(GOLIATH Mod) #6

The AI was. It was the same for the burst attack from the Heavy Corvettes. As far as I can tell, the button barely works, so I set up like that for humans as well in the mod. I’m working on a bunch of new weapon upgrades for the next version of Goliath, and I’m setting them up the same way. It would be cooler if the buttons worked, but I don’t think I’ve got the skills to fix stuff that’s broken in the game itself.