Is it still possible to get cyan weapons from loot midget farming?

I’ve done quite a few runs on uvhm up to level 70 and all I’ve ever gotten are E Tech relics Blood of the ancients? I have picked up 2 of the notes so only get 2 midgets a run not sure if that is why?

1 Like

Random is streaky. Even with 50%/50% chances you’re going to get streaks of one result over another. The streaks of not getting the roll becomes more prevalent the lower chance for roll is. So you’re just currencly on streak of not getting cyan drops.

1 Like

Pretty much what @mlociks said: even with four echoes and all four LLMs, I’ll go long periods of only getting relics. Most of my pearls have actually come from red loot chests and tubbies. (Mainly Frostburn, The Dust, and Sawtooth)

2 Likes

Even with the guaranteed LLM you still have a chance of walking away empty handed, either by not having any drops or getting four Jimmy’s in a row, which I have had happen more than once. The loot can also fall through the floor in the WEP room as well which can also potentially ruin your attempts at getting pearlescent weaponry.

Another method of getting pearlescent equipment is the train car in Marcus’ Mercenary Day HH pack which has a good chance of spawning pearlescent equipment. The train is also a good means of farming for E-tech weaponry such as the Topneaa.

1 Like

To add to VH’s comment, these are the only ones that cannot spawn in chests:
Bekah
Godfinger
Carnage
Wanderlust.

For the rest, it is not impossible to find a Unforgiven in a cardboard box, or a Sawbar in a red chest (to give a few examples).

2 Likes

If you’re after the tier two pearlescents that Nova mentioned you have to whack tubby skags, spiderants, rakks, bones, and stalkers to have a chance of them dropping. No other enemy drops the tier two pearlescents but tubbies.

2 Likes