Is Paradise haunted or something?

I was playing a game of meltdown on Paradise as Deande today when I saw another Deande on my team. Now, seeing double like this is nothing new for Deande, and at first glance, this looked like any other holotwin. According to the scoreboard, I was the only Deande in the game, and this other Deande had the same name as me.

However, there was still something strange about it. It wasn’t despawning like a normal holotwin, and it seemed to be more effective. Then, I heard one of Deande’s ult callouts coming from the other side of the map. At this point, I started to think that a holotwin had somehow been upgraded to a full Deande bot, while still retaining my name.

I would have investigated further, but this was one of the closest games of meltdown I’ve ever played. We reached 200 points first, but we fell behind after that and went into the finale down 294-400. However, in the team fight before the ultra minions arrived, I managed to kill two enemies with blink storm, giving our team control of the lane. Then, as the ultra minion arrived, the other Deande used blink storm to stop the minion, giving us an easy kill. We also killed the ultra minion in the other lane, sending the game into sudden death.

In sudden death, I took one lane while the other Deande helped guard the other lane. We held out for a few waves, but then I died trying to push an ultra minion past the enemy thumper. By the time I respawned, it was too late to stop an enemy minion from reaching the grinder, giving the other team the win.

So, has anyone else seen a holotwin who persisted and could use skills and make ult callouts? I have no idea how this happened, but it was interesting to see an evolved holotwin prolong our last stand.

4 Likes

I’ve seen one of @Nemosis327 clones “evolve” somehow into surviving and fighting after he died. It seemed to inherit bot AI as well.

@blainebrossart1 do you remember this? I think you were there too. It was on Overgrowth

2 Likes

The glitch happens on occasion. It used to involve her level 10 doplegang up. Now it can still happen but the new method is unclear. Nemo is trying but can’t replicate it with consistency.

2 Likes

Uh oh, cat’s out of the bag I guess. This happened with someone on a team I was playing against on Outskirts at one point too.

2 Likes

Do you have gameplay? That would be invaluable for my efforts to replicate this. I’ve known about it for a while tho.

1 Like

No footage, sorry.

I’ve heard of the old glitch, but never saw it in game. My best guess for the new method is that it involves Reyna giving the clone an overshield.

1 Like

Maybe Reyna overshield with the status cleanse? Possibly the “temporary lifespan” condition is treated as a negative effect and gets cleansed.

@Nemosis327 have you tried this?

edit: I’m just imagining the reaction if we manage to figure this out, then Deande gets temporarily greyed out until they fix it hahaha. There’d be some very unhappy people

3 Likes

No, we think it had something to do with dying while activating holotwin but we can’t get consistent results

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen 4 times over the course of my Battleborn “career”.

3 times in Incursion, once in Meltdown.

One of the times, I was the Deande it happened to.

It was like taking Thralls for me and stuff.

No idea what causes it, but it sure is cool.

@deande @phoenix-2613 have you guys had this happen to you?

3 Likes

I’ll have too look at my old footage to see if that’s the case. I have had it happen to me and did save it so I’ll dig into it again.

1 Like

Yup, I’ve had it happen to me a couple of times now. Once in story, and once whilst playing on Monuments. I ended up stupidly dying to the sentry literally just as I activated Holotwin. Then when I respawned, the Holotwin was there with me, but now with fully functioning AI. Unfortunately, she didn’t do much for me in that game, she mainly just capped the Bonecrusher Thrall for us.

I’m under the same assumption as @blainebrossart1 here, which is that dying whilst activating Holotwin simultaneously is what causes the new Holotwin glitch.

@Nemosis327, I actually have a clip saved of it happening, if you need it.

2 Likes

@phonix-2613 @phoenix-2163 @phoenix2136 @phoenix-3612 @hooked-on-phonix @phoenix-2613

You should TOTALLY upload that!!!

2 Likes

Okey-dokey then. Give me a few mins…

I also see that you’re back at it with the names. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Had to dust off that joke, for old time’s sake!

My day has been entirely too sad and serious…lost an old friend today.

:sweat::cry::cold_sweat:

@phoenix-2613

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

@Phoenix-2613

Like, they didn’t DIE.

Just unexpected and shocking potentially permanent friendship hiatus.

1 Like

I do.

I will analyze the footage and compare it with my own, then attempt to replicate the results. We have our work cut out for us Blaine.

1 Like

I’m so sorry! :cold_sweat:

That was awkward.

Well, ummm… I hope that you and your friend can resolve any issues. It’s terrible to lose someone close to you.

1 Like

@Phoenix-2613

I worded that terribly, to be fair.

Truly appreciate your kind words!

1 Like

No problem, and don’t worry about it. :smile:

1 Like