Is Preordering Worth It? BL: GOTY (PS4)

(Rebecca) #1

Is there any point of preordering the game for ps4? Does anyone know if there will be any differences between the preordered version and the version ordered after the release date? I’d rather have a digital copy just in case something bad happens to my game. Because if I have a disc, I can’t replace it. (I mean I can, but it’d cost more).

Physical vs Digital aside, I don’t THINK there are any pre-order bonuses. I haven’t heard of any and Gamestop doesn’t seem to have any and they’re usually the ones that do. If you can/want to wait for a bit then it’ll probably have a digital sale sometime in the summer on PSN (or other places). I’m ordering stuff from Gamestop anyhow so I’m just putting my order off until the 3rd so I can add this and save on shipping.

(Rebecca) #3

Oh okay. But the game will be available for purchase (digital) April 3?

“Borderlands: GotY Edition is available in physical form exclusively at GameStop”

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03/28/borderlands-game-of-the-year-edition-release-date-preorder-guide

The way that is worded makes it seem like the physical copies of the game are only going to be sold at Gamestop stores, but on the site you can seemingly order a physical copy from the 2K store online sooo… IDK, my guess is that was just awkward wording and the game is only getting a physical release (possibly digital down the line?). I can’t seem to find anything 100% confirming it either way though. Sorry.

(Ultrarodimus18) #5

Well that sucks… There isn’t a GameStop in Canada and the nearest EB Games is over 400km/well over 100 miles away from where I live

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #6

Someone posted that the 2K store lists shipping in Canada as an option.

Lists US, Canada, and Mexico.

(Ultrarodimus18) #7

I’ve also heard that it costs about $30. I can buy it digitally from the xbox store, and I have a 2TB external drive to stash it on

(Matrixneo42) #8

Yea. I am hoping I can just get it digital.

(Gahzirra72) #9

There’s always Amazon.

(Paganfire) #10

I was really hoping for a digital copy as well. For me it makes it easier to keep track of (and less things to pack as I move around quite a bit). Hope we here soon about that…

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #11

It officially releases Wednesday; I’d be very surprised if digital copies were not available, seeing as that’s the direction the entire industry seems to be going.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #12

Or you could get the free steam update like im doing.

(Watcher on the wall) #13

Don’t be that guy, guy.

(Ite) #14

How many copies do you think GameStop will have?

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #15

I can ask. I happen to be good friends with a gs manager. But no, it’ll be different for each store, depending on their customer volume.

(Idle Phantom) #16

Any one know where to order it for the UK as i cant find it anywhere

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #17

i will search.
Well, from my very thorough google search, I’m not seeing anything about a digital download for consoles, though I HIGHLY doubt it won’t be available at launch. Though from what I’m seeing, physical copies are indeed limited to gs and 2k. for now, at least. And I checked several eu countries gamestop sites, but didn’t see it listed on any of them. bl3 was, though, on the german site.

it says, Release: unknown
If the price decreases between order and release, you will receive the items at a reduced price.

@ultrarodimus18 you can preorder it from eb games and have it shipped to your house, it IS up there.
https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=borderlands

1 Like
(Idle Phantom) #18

well damn cheers for all that @Poisonedbite

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #19

it’s what I do. And I do what I can :smiley:

1 Like
(Rebecca) #20

Okay I found a website that says BL: GOTY will have a digital version as well as a physical copy version.

I have no idea how accurate or credible Gamespot.com is.