Is spilt screen text size actually going to be fixed?

The game has been released for over two months now. This is a problem that has been brought up since day one of release. When I message technical support they refer me here. However, there are already several threads without answers. Will this ever be fixed? I feel like I just wasted money on a game. I preordered the super deluxe edition as soon as I could. We waited seven years for this, five if you count the pre-sequel. I haven’t played the game in over a month because it makes it in playable. All I want to know is if it is going to be fixed.

2 Likes

Asking the real questions. My GF and I have been playing borderlands for years and now we can only manage it for a couple hours at a time before we start getting headaches from trying to read everything on screen.

This and the menu lag in split-screen is still an issue. It is slightly better now, but it is not fixed.

I’ve gotten the same response from support and no one from gearbox is replying to any of us in the tech-support groups. They won’t even give us a “Hey, we know and we’re trying.” Nothing but silence.

Edit: Well not exactly silence. If you can count the vague “We’re looking at performance and GUI updates.” I don’t count that, but to be fair they have said something at least. Over 2 months from release and they can’t even increase a font size, or give us the option to increase it.

1 Like

I do find this a bit strange as well: a feature plenty of people find highly annoying, and hopefully not something that is super hard to fix (could be wrong here, of course). Sounds like a slam dunk to generate some goodwill from your customers…

Unless of course it is not an easy fix and changing it there is going to break 5 other menus etc.

I almost learned to live with it (outside of split screen, it is small there too), but it is annoying.

2 Likes

It’s nigh unplayable in split, but it’s an issue in single play too. I can see it maybe being a design issue with the item card boxes needing a resize or something. Probably a bit more complicated than just increasing the font size.

But at least tell us one way or another. Keep expecting something with each patch, but they refuse to even say if they are working on it.

1 Like

I play on a Sony 85" tv - sit about 11 feet from it - and I can barely read the text in normal mode - when in split screen I literally have to get up and stand in front of this gigantic tv to read the text. I realize I’m getting older and all but considering the tv is 85 inches - it’s ridiculous.

1 Like

55" here and I’m only 6-8 feet away from it. I have trouble reading text in single player, but it’s manageable. Split-screen is another matter.

1 Like

I held my breath yesterday reading the latest patch notes. After seeing nothing my frustration has peaked.

1 Like

Ours is a 70” probably 8-10 feet away. My husband and I our in our 20’s. Though I have bad vision my husbands is 20/20 and he can’t read it. I can’t imagine someone who has poor eyes trying.

1 Like

Same. I play with my little boy on an 86" 4k.

1 Like