Is the game even being supported still?

Its been 3 months since its release and I cant find any patch notes. I’m noticing bugs that have been reported since launch such as the awkwardly turned rocket launchers and other weapons. That along with people begging for aim support which shouldn’t really take more then a month at worst to add. Even if you have most of the team trying to get it ready for PC you would think these quick fixes could at least still be done. Is there a patch notes page that I’m missing?

1 Like

I haven’t seen a patch notes page for PSVR BL2, no. Pinging @GeekVersusNerd here just in case I missed something.

One thing to note about updates requiring code changes: these still have to go through Sony verification, meaning (a) it’s easier to put a bunch of fixes into a single update and (b) verification then takes some additional time. So fixes and QoL improvements don’t come out as fast as we as players would like.

Adding in @Noelle_GBX

I’m glad I didn’t buy this game yet, too many AAA devs release VR games and then never update them. Then they wonder why their games don’t do well in VR. Had they added Aim controller support I would have jumped on this game at full price. It also would have shown the community that Gearbox listens to their customers and supports VR. I really hope they prove me wrong, but their silence doesn’t give me much hope.

1 Like

@OmenBoy The game has only been out for three months, launching in December. Within that time it has already received one patch update, and has a second patch slated within the next two weeks. BLVR has scored insanely high by press/media and is listed as a top tittle on PSVR. Requests for Aim support wasn’t brought up by the community until after game launch (again just three months ago). We’ve been pretty transparent that we are looking into it. If you don’t follow our social channels, I highly recommend staying up to date on news and info there.

1 Like

@jacob50ellis There is another patch coming out within the next two weeks. As Vault stated, updates are easier said than done and getting things through cert with our platform partners takes time. Just know that we do indeed listen to our community and are actively working on updates. We appreciate your patience and support.

4 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed the misaligned rocket launchers when using the moves… Its the same with the pistols and SMGs.I have to twist my wrist at an awkward angle with these guns in order to aim straight… The shotguns ,assault rifles and sniper rifles are fine.

1 Like

Additional Content is being looked into

• Krieg & Gaige
  • Campaign add-ons
  • PS Aim controller
  • Other platforms (BL2VR is a 3 Months PS4 exclusive)

BL2VR was developed by a small team at GBX. Things take time, when GBX is done, then first 2K will try and break the game, after that Sony/3rd party platform holders will have a swing at it.

1 Like

“looked into” is different from being worked on. Every company says they will look into something so it shuts people up but it most of the time doesn’t actually happen. As for the aim support based off my modding experience it would take a single person in the modding community less then a day to mod in aim support. Meanwhile we are at 3 months and counting without something that simple even being added thats why I was asking. I hope that the update in 2 weeks does more then just simple bug fixes but I cant really get excited for it since we are so close to it and not a word about what will be in it.

2 Likes

Hey I know you can’t probably give us much as it sets expectations but do you have any idea when the patch will arrive? Was it sent through certification? I’m excited to get back into BL2 VR but the stuttering is driving me crazy.

1 Like

We are just waiting on Sony, so I imagine this week or next at the latest.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, the update is more than just simple bug fixes. We have taken the time to listen to community feedback and are implementing the vast majority of things asked for both in this patch as well as several others throughout the next few months. For clarity, the amount of time it takes to implement something like Aim Support on PlayStation takes way more than one day. Not to mention the time it takes for something to go through cert (something we do not control). That said, if you are indeed skilled enough to write something in like Aim Support single handed without breaking our game all within the span of one day, I highly encourage you to apply to our team as we can always use a developer wizard such as yourself.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m excited for it.

1 Like

Here’s the news…

5 Likes

Awesome thanks for the support. The Aim was a huge surprise! I also have noticed the stuttering on the pro is significantly better no matter how close to the camera I am. I love this enhancement, great job to everyone involved!

2 Likes

The pistols,SMGs and rocket launchers are still misaligned with the move controllers… They point to the right and down…I still have to twist my wrist awkwardly to aim straight with these guns… The assault rifles,shotguns and sniper rifles are aligned with the moves so it can’t be a drift problem or all guns would be off centre