Is there a viable way to play El Dragon against good teams now?

(Dr H0 H0) #41

Sorry didn’t mean 2 ignore you. I’ll see If I can record a good match or 2 this week and PM you the link.

(Skeksis Syl) #42

Me too plz. I was thinking about asking for a vid just to try to recapture the majesty I once remembered and to see how I should be playing him now(to maybe finally kick my ass in gear and pick him up again)

(Jennerit Supremacist) #43

I had some thoughts about this but never actually got around to testing it. Thanks!

(Rasterranger) #44

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. since you don’t have to make a video. I know it can be work to put one together.

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #45

Can you get me a link too? It’d be educational in the extreme

(Keadron) #46

Me too plz! Would be very educational :slight_smile:

(Dr H0 H0) #47

@Keadron @loving-hatred @skeksis_SYL @tylerd.davis

This was against a 4-5 stack I believe?

Not my best match but I forgot discord audio picks up when recording so I couldn’t use any from Wednesday I recorded. Q.Q I’ll record 2 more as examples when I get the chance. 1 In a 5 stack so I can show what coordination can do with him and one of our 10 mans so I’ll be against some of the top players on PC. I can upload the Overgrowth one and just put music over it if you guys prefer. I think I had 194k damage at the end of that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Penaeus Monodon) #48

Rare bioweave can give you a much needed HP boost for ~800 shards

(Rasterranger) #49

Thank you for the video. how is El Dragon with his recent small buffs? do you notice any difference?

(Dr H0 H0) #50

He’s much better off early game since you have an extra 100 damage you can soak on a rechargeable pool. I now take a free shield recharge for hang time since his shield was buffed instead of the skill damage and health i was running. The power fist buff still isn’t good enough in my opinion to lose all your aoe damage for. I did have fun last night running full attack speed with it though. :stuck_out_tongue:
View on lowlidev.com.au

(Rasterranger) #51

I was playing around with bioweave, a regen item, and symbiotic gauntlet. I will play with shield recharge, what item setup you running?

(Dr H0 H0) #52

The above and
View on lowlidev.com.au
View on lowlidev.com.au

I don’t use legendaries so if you want to replace anything with the legendary counterpart feel free 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

(Gone off comms, will update this when i feel like) #53

@Dr_H0H0 sorry for taking so long to view that, it actually showed me an easier time for early game than I was pursuing before, if you want to experiment with a legendary loadout I’d recommend vibro core module and bola’s

Vibro core module(last I looked which was pre-WU admittedly)
Is a shield recharge per second with secondary skill damage and gave about 14% shield steal

And bola’s is a skill damage item with secondary attack speed that increases damage your targets take by about 12.5% from all sources after they’re hit by a skill.

(Look children, it's the end of the world!! :D) #54

That’s very frustrating to hear that you godly players convinced them so aggressively that he is too powerful while players like me used him 90% of the time, forcing myself to ignore other character experiences just to be better with a character I was either kind of good with or REALLY bad with. At the same time, it’s good to hear that it is possible to kick ass with him still. Maybe I’ll try him out again later…I did like going a bit more tanky with him anyway.

I just find it very obnoxious for gearbox to do a common competitive game practice of nerfing a character to unusable proportions for most people, and then keeping it that way for months if not a year or two. I still think the best option is to rework him completely. That’s usually what happens to characters like that anyway.

THANKS ALOT DRHOHO Lol jk (sort of)

(Jennerit Supremacist) #55

I’ve been playing El Dragon lately and I don’t think he’s as bad as most people make him out to be. After the initial nerf, yes he was borderline unplayable outside of pub games, but after the small little buffs (and a few nerfs again) he’s become viable against decent teams.

(GreyWarden007) #56

Good of you to share information. After watching the tournament, you’re certainly the one who knows. Loved it when you taunted the devs!!!

(Dr H0 H0) #57

I never wanted him nerfed and in fact we were kinda fine with where he was because he could be shut down with CC. The devs just didn’t like the dirty things i was doing with him so he ended up getting nerfed… Q.Q

(Look children, it's the end of the world!! :D) #58

I don’t think any of the things you were doing were dirty. The dev’s just couldn’t figure out how to “balance” him. When they fatality nerfed him they legitimately thought he was fine and we knew he wasn’t just by looking at the patch notes. I’m just throwing a bit of frustration =3. This type of balancing happens in all competitive games though. A lot of changes can be based more off of what top players do and less off of what normal human players do, and I think things should be looked at in a more varied perception.

(Look children, it's the end of the world!! :D) #59

I still don’t think he’s good. But I’ve always been one of the outlier el dragons who struggled a bit even with how he originally was. So my stats probably won’t matter.

I picked him today and got asked “are you sure you want to use him against them.” I think that team was really really good or they had counter picks for me even though dragon ain’t THAAT great. But still, that’s aggravating to hear.