Is there an alternative to selling old legendaries for dollars?

Just checking in about what people do with old, obsolete legendaries they no longer need. Is there anything i can do with them other than sell them to a vending machine? Something like the grinder from the TPS, or a way to exchange them for eridium maybe?
I have not completed TVHM mode yet so i think there is potentially still game-mechanic stuff for me to discover, like at the slaughter pits or the maliwan takedown perhaps.

You can drop them from a cliff. There is no Grinder in BL3, but would be nice if there was. Maybe in future updates.

3 Likes

I just watch forum to see if anyone needs stuff then send in mail if they do lol.

1 Like

Did you mean just to throw and abandon them, or is there a cliff that does something somewhere? The 2 legies i have no need for anymore are quest rewards so they are barely even worth giving away for free.

1 Like

Nope, just find any cliff.

1 Like

i just sold like 150 legendaries hahahaha

like [GrzesPL] said, we need a grinder of some sort :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh well into Marcus’ junk pile they go. I checked the vending machine next to Earl a moment ago and i can’t sell anything there. That could potentially be a small addition they could make, letting us sell legies for a few eridium. A new grinder-type machine would be much better though, hopefully one will be part of a future DLC.

2 Likes

I sometimes mount them on the wall.

2 Likes

Ooohh i might look to see where i can do that, i have no room decorations yet at all.
A side question; what is with those red framework objects around the hanger in Sanctuary 3? Are those stuff i can discover in the game world to unlock as more decorations or something?

1 Like

They’re unique vehicle parts. When you collect them they’ll appear there.

2 Likes

I see, so i can keep track of what there is left to unlock. I must be missing almost all of them then, thanks.

1 Like

If you click on the red outline it will tell you item and I think what map. Hamerlock hunts and zer0 targets definitely say what map I think the parts might too.

Wait, there is a referenceable list of the mini-boss hunts? I need to do another sweep of the ship and look around properly next time. Are they decent farm targets? For some good gear? That would give me something to do in between doing proving ground trials and arenas, when i complete TVHM.

Leave them on the ground bc after a certain point of playing, money and Legendaries are worthless. After a certain point, the only thing you are looking are items with very particular annointments to upgrade the ones you already have equiped.

Thus, the more you play, the less incentive you have as only <1% of every reward that you find will be worth anything to you and the other 99% will be completely and utterly worthless.

If they are sub level 50 I suggest hanging onto them if you are planning to level another character. It will help you leveling. When you hit 50 you are going to find a lot of legendary drops. Don’t be afraid to try them all out. It can guide you to what weapons you like. Then if you find one with an annoitment, you will have a good idea how they work. Happy hunting :blush:

Every single item you see in that screenshot was left on the ground. Once you’ve unlocked all of the SDUs there is no need for money anymore. No reason to pick up and sell things, it’s just wasting time.

1 Like

My endgame goal is to have one of every legendary gun in my bank, since we get enough bank space for the 138 different ones. The two i sold were duplicates of quest reward legies, i sold the weaker two versions and kept the stronger ones.
I’m not sure about the blue/purple unique quest rewards, i’m not even sure how many of them there are but i don’t think i will have space for them unless i keep 1 or 2 characters as storage mules.
The class mods will also be irritating since they seem to generate random skill bonuses, i shall just have to put my foot down and keep only 1 of each type. The same goes for the relics if they can generate random bonuses.
There is lot’s to collect in this game, that will keep me playing for a long time. I’m not all that bothered about chasing a specific ‘ideal’ build made of a specific set of legendary rolls. I will use whatever happens to drop, replacing any duplicates with whichever seems better at the time.
I have about 60 different level 50 legies in my bank so far but i started levelling a new character (Moze) which is where the duplicate low-level quest legies came from.
Thanks for all the responses folks.

1 Like

I send them out to random people in my friends list, u never know your trash might be someones treasure

2 Likes

you’ll probably want more than 1 of every legendary gun, the annointments and variations are very expansive, i know i keep a cutsman of every element on hand, because it is just a beautiful gun for any fight, and i keep a nights hawkins on all of my 4 VHs, even artifacts spawn with a lot of different attributes and variations, so even the 300 slots we have now isn’t really enough to handle what it takes to have a good inventory of functional gear for multiple builds with all characters. under leveled gear you can basically sell or shelve on the wall of your room, but max lvl gear is gonna fill the bank sooner than you’ll have 1 of every legendary.

Bookmark this one, it’s useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fkCwu0zeX1BBGcNEzWGZDr2kQ0IOPSoZQK2FD-zpw1M/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Anything marked “crew challenge” drops from the rare spawns (which aren’t necessarily rare…). If it doesn’t have a check mark in the world drop column (WD) it’s a drop unique to that rare spawn.

They’re on the list too :wink: .