Is there any flying enemies you actually want to fight?

I’m so happy I get to play this on Steam. Almost lvl 40. I just finished an instance battle where I was fighting only flying enemies and at the end had a big flying dragon boss. MY GOD I HATED THIS INSTANCE!!!

And that got me to thinking. Do I like ANY flying enemies at all?
I remember in Borderlands 2 had those tarodactyl enemies I hated. Borderlands 3 had similar enemies that kept screwing up my Slaughtershafts due to flying and glitching.
And just a few other games:
DragonsDogma: HATED birds
Outriders: HATE birds
Elden Ring: HATE birds
Fallout76: HATE the dragons

Something about flying enemies just annoys me I guess. I try to freeze them so they can fall down and break but hard to hit them sometimes with the slow ice bullets. Wish I had Nisha’s Action Skill so I could auto-aim them lol

2 Likes

Buzzards are pretty fun imo! I didn’t realize how much I missed fighting them on foot until I played BL2 recently. Taking on groups of them + Decepti0n midair never gets old. Kinda weird they suddenly disappeared in BL3.

3 Likes

How DARE you! These eagles that throw exploding barrels and have blades attached to their legs are pretty cool. They have only one projectile and their melee attacks are… well, melee that means they have to be in that kind of range to fight 'em, which gives often occurring opportunities for a punish.

Dragons do not fly for too long too.

I am not including final-est boss. Yeah…

Do you have anything in specific?

1 Like

maybe rbk from pre sequel kinda was a decent lil arena but nothing else

1 Like

…all of them. I love flying enemies in Borderlands. RK-5 and Buzzards are among my favorite enemies in the franchise. Like I seriously miss Buzzards in BL3.

1 Like

Okay you guys won me over ONLY on Buzzards. I did think those guys were cool
“TORA! TORA! TORA!”

But yea…everything else can eat it.

1 Like

The bird enemies in Outriders are the worst hate ‘em.
Bernadette is a pain as well sometimes I tear her up other times it turns into a sweaty slog of a fight .

1 Like

Too bad there’s no Dragonrend in FO76. Those flying things (not really dragons) are indeed a bit of a pain, but I did manage to find some gear that made dispatching them much faster.

2 Likes