Is there skill based matchmaking?

I’ve been playing the multiplayer now for about 10 hours, and honestly the games balance in terms of teams is either still gather data, or none existent. Matches so far have been either a easy victory, or a stomping defeat. I’ve yet to find any good matches with what I’d consider a balanced fight. The last two rounds are a shinning example we won 500-100, then next round lost 500-25…

Out of the dozens of matches I’ve played it’s consistently been this way. So does anyone know if the game has any MMR system or something to hopefully balance out games in the future?

1 Like

There is supposed to be an ELO-based ranking system in every PvP mode right now but apparently the skill groups are pretty large so we won’t be seeing it really kick in for a few days or perhaps a week.

Well glad to hear there is suppose to be a ELO system. Hopefully they can tighten this up soon, cause it’s certainly not enjoyable to win with a 400+ point lead, or lose down 400+ points.

1 Like

[quote=“chazzon, post:3, topic:1400265, full:true”]
Well glad to hear there is suppose to be a ELO system. Hopefully they can tighten this up soon, cause it’s certainly not enjoyable to win with a 400+ point lead, or lose down 400+ points.
[/quote]Agreed. It’s not fun being dominated that hard, or doing the dominating, and the thing with games is that fun is what keeps us playing. I suspect that a lot of players (like myself) will look at getting a refund and move on to other games that know how to properly match players of similar skill.

There’s an MMR system already.

However, the system can be broken by simply making a team.

I take ages to find a group solo or duo because of my win rate (71-20 something) but by finding new potential player and inviting them into a team, a 3-man or a 4-man can easily find a group in minutes.

This only works until the new player also has a huge gap between his win and losses then it’s back to 30 minutes - 1 hour a queue again.