Is Thete A Way To See A List Of Challenges?

As I’m progressing I’ve been completing challenges, like the kinds you would complete for Badass Ranks in 2 (kill X number of enemies with X weapon type, etc) and which I guess are now Guardian Ranks.

Is there an in-game way to see all the challenges before you complete the first playthrough and unlock Guardian Ranks?

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes
2 Likes

No not area / zone challenges, apologies for the confusingly worded post.

I meant challenges like “kill X number of enemies with X weapon type”, etc.

2 Likes

Hey Flames, I haven’t been able to find that either. Was looking to see how many echos I was missing and could not find it. Then again, your reading a reply from someone who could not figure out to hold the “A” to activate fast travel. :crazy_face:
Cheers.

1 Like

@piratebones2

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let’s try again. Galaxy view -> challenges.

6 Likes

To find the challenges that you see notifications pop up for you need to do the following…

Go to your menu system, tab over to the Map. From there depending on which system you are playing on back out twice, on Xbox One its the Y Button. Viewing the current location map, you back out to world view, then to Galaxy View. On Galaxy View you can tab over to Challenges which shows you all of the character challenges.

Why they opted to bury the challenges like this I will never understand. They need to patch the game and add in a shortcut from the Crew Challenges to swap over to Character Challenges. Easy Fix.

11 Likes

@Corvus_6

Excellent, thank you so much! Very helpful!

2 Likes

@GrzesPL

Apologies, thank you!

But now these challenges didnt even count toward gaurrdian ranks, i had 1 token when i finished! Whats the point of the challenges? At least BL2 gave you badass points to spend.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, the Character Challenges seem to only apply as a means of Eridium Income. I enjoyed trying to clear them all in BL2. Unless they actually apply to something that improves your character overall…my guess is most people will ignore them. I hope that isn’t what happens. I would like to see them apply to some sort of prestige or actually boost the Guardian Rank or something. Why have them if they do not serve some purpose other than stat tracking?

1 Like

If true, that’s ridiculously frustrating!

@bikergofast

@Corvus_6

I hope this too!

1 Like

no kidding. i spent 60hrs clearing every single map of challenges in my first playthrough, and seems like it was all for just XP. If achievements ever do come to Epic i at least hope they’ll be retroactive.

1 Like

@bikergofast

For…slappin’…REAL!

Oy. So literally has no impact on guardian rank. Disappointing.

2 Likes

I wish terribly they were listed (and able to be filtered for viewing) exactly as BL2. Was a lot easier to make sense of in terms of knowing what you need to work on the most. And WHY are these separate from guardian ranks? Just strange.
Another note on viewing the Challenges… below each weapon (whilst ogling the gun’s beauty & able to change skins) there is a list of “manufacturer challenges” as well; these corespond with currently viewing gun’s manufacturer. ie I have a hornet in view mode (zoomed in) atm and below I see “Burst of Inspiration” 1,081/ -1 Then farther down a note reading “View more detail in the Challenges Menu”. I hadn’t until seeing this thread just now figured out that last statement is referring to the map view of challenges. That’s quite lame on my part, but lends to my point of messy viewing ability.
Whew, none of that was well stated, I think it must be getting late!!

1 Like