Is this a good idea?

Dear Gearbox:
With Borderlands 3 now released and all the rage it may surprise you to get a letter about Borderlands 2. However, I have a suggestion.

First, though, let me thank you for increasing the level limit to 80. That’s much appreciated.

For those who stick with the game until they are at maximum level, there is a certain letdown when reaching it since XP no longer matters.

My suggestion is not to increase the level cap further—80 is plenty—but to allow XP to continue to be recorded, and used as a sort of currency.

I say “a sort” of currency because my idea is that players should be able to trade accumulated excess XP for valuable things.

What things? I suggest money, Eridium, Torgue Tokens, and Seraph Crystals.

Of course, this should not be done on a one-for-one basis. Perhaps for each 1,000 XP a player could get $500, or 10 Eridium, or 5 Torgue Tokens, or 1 Seraph Crystal.

This is just an example. I don’t know what the best trade rate would be, but I’m sure you could come up with a good one.

Implementing this would give those players who reach the level cap an incentive to continue to do side missions and engage in random combat. A new source of Seraph Crystals would please players (like me) who lack the skill or perhaps the patience to farm the few raid bosses who drop the crystals.

PS – And, if I may make one more, small, suggestion: I really wish that Gaige could recall Deathtrap in the same way that Axton can recall his turret! I have to wonder why this was not a feature from the start.

2 Likes

Interesting suggestions, but nothing is going to happen.
It’s all BL3 now, and the devs don’t give a damn about actual problems with the game, so i don’t think there’s hope for any new content.

The lilith DLC was a promotional stunt, nothing more

1 Like