Is this the new raid boss?

Found using randomizer…

7 Likes

That looks more like Promethea than anywhere on Pandora.

1 Like

I believe it is in the Cistern. Enemy has been generated by the Randomizer mod on PC, so I am thinking it is an enemy in the code but not, as yet, actually in game.

Ah right ok. I misunderstood, sorry.

1 Like

Lol, this looks like a bigger version of Katagawa Ball got stuck in the wall. I‘m not really impressed.

4 Likes

And maybe a reference to Portal lol.

3 Likes

When you use the ‘enemy randomizer’ mod, bosses (raid and normal mini bosses) tend to glitch out quite a bit. My guess is that the attacks and such are pretty much glitched with the mod, or the attacks are not implemented in the game yet atm. (or maybe a boss cut from the maliwan raid?)

So basicly, he’s just sitting there atm. Haven’t seen that guy myself, but he looks pretty cool.

4 Likes

Gearbox seems to have a habit of pre-inserting, into the game, code and assets for upcoming content (the 4th skill trees being a noteworthy example, the assets for those were discovered months before release). The fact that no one has ever seen this guy before in any datamining or anything makes me think this is one of the upcoming raid bosses Randy has vaguely alluded to. (And it looks like it’s broken because it spawned inside the structure heh.)

4 Likes

The other raid bosses also get glitched out, because they aren’t programmed to exist anywhere else other then their arenas. For example, Scourage also glitches out after you deplete part of his health bar and he tries and fails to teleport you away over and over.

3 Likes

In hindsight it‘s really obvious that this is what‘s happening but to tell the truth everything Gearbox put out after BL3, including itself, has been so buggy that for a moment I really thought that it‘s just a giant eye on a wall…

But like already noted, it‘s just a glitched spawn in the Cistern of Slaughter.

1 Like

If it is the new raid boss, it’s health is unbelievably low. Impressive how easy a raid boss has become. You could one shot this thing as Zane, as long as VM has taken you above 100% gun damage.

So the word is, according to EpicNNG, Shados is indeed essentially the raid boss whose slot ultimately went to Wotan; scrapped before being fully fleshed out and programmed, but accidentally left buried in the game files.

If so, that’s kinda too bad. I mean it looks pretty cool, a gigantic evil-looking death sphere and it looks like it has some cool animations/phase changes. I kinda hope Gearbox takes this stuff and works it back into the game.

4 Likes

Why would you want to unearth something that even GearBox thought it was such an unholy abomination that it had to be buried forever ? :joy: I am glad we had Wotan instead of this… thing

1 Like

Oh no, don’t get me wrong, Wotan’s my favorite boss in the game. :smiley: Just saying they could probably do something cool with the scraps left of this guy (and who knows, maybe they are.)

Interesting. I wonder if anyone has been able to kill it and find unique loot. This also doesn’t look like the boss behind the Ascension Bluff doors, so maybe Gearbox has a few raid bosses they are prepared to unveil.

Directly quoting EpicNNG, talking about Shados: “He doesn’t even have a loot pool tied to him”.

2 Likes

The main thing I’m taking away from this is we have at least one new raid boss coming. When it’s actually put into the game, I expect there’ll be a proper arena, tougher health scaling for it and a collection of unique drops coming as well.

1 Like