Is this true?: Krieg spawns more Badasses

My friend and I just started playing Borderlands 2 and said I should go Krieg because I played as Brick in B1, but also because “he spawns tougher enemies like Badasses” more frequently. Is there any truth to this? I haven’t seen any info on this

3 Likes

this is the truth, krieg spawns tougher enemies and you take friendly fire

1 Like

You can take friendly fire if you spec that skill. I do not think the idea that he spawns more badasses is true. What is the source behind this idea?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. That’s the first I’ve ever heard of it. Sources would be helpful.

6 Likes

Welcome partner. Krieg only takes friendly fire if you spec Fuel the Rampage, which increases the amount of cooldown bonus he gets for taking damage and enables you to take damage from your partners to that end. As for more badass spawns, I’m pretty sure that’s just RNG. You get more badasses in coop than solo, but no toon gets more badasses than any other. That sounds spurious, and seems to fly in the face of RNGsus’s mischievous nature.

5 Likes

I strongly suspect this is more a case of, you’re always meant to be up close, therefore you notice more badasses.

This is the first I’ve heard of Krieg spawning more badasses, and I’ve never ran into more relative to other Vault hunters in my Krieg playthroughs.
If anything I suspect they’re misunderstanding the Badass capstone in the melee tree.

5 Likes

I don’t think he spawns more badsses but when I played as him I definitely felt like I was dealing with more of them directly

3 Likes

thanks I have one skill point there

2 Likes

He said when they first released the character, the devs said that “he spawns more Badasses. If you wanted a “hard mode” play with 4 Kriegs.”

I’m familiar with BL2, played with Krieg, but I do not remember such a thing. If no one here can confirm and the fact I can’t find any other sources, I have no reason to believe this.

3 Likes

me and my friends had 3 kriegs and a siren, we were all level 72: OP8 so we got 6 baddass goliths in 10 minutes

1 Like

But where? If you were in an area already known for dense bandit packs and plenty of Goliaths (Sawtooth Cauldron comes to mind), this would just be RNG at work.

2 Likes

Hard mode? 4 kreigs would nuke the world. The only extra badasses kreig spawns is when you release the beast

7 Likes

checks thread. finds no science. leaves quietly

5 Likes

Just asking for clarity, not making a statement. I never read the description of Krieg on the PS store, or wherever, when he was released or followed news that would have said this at that time, if true

1 Like

I never noticed such thing in 25 days of playtime with Krieg. My zero has approx the same playtime and I really cannot see any difference… once my Axton faced 6 rabid stalkers at once. Idk, I assume your friend was wrong there.

1 Like

I’ve had that happen several times on different characters. It was… tense.

2 Likes

It depends who you are… Krieg/Gaige in my experience do not fear rabids to much, fo the others tho, three or more rabids represents a way less relaxing situation ahshhahah

1 Like

oh so thats what I was doing every time My health gets below 1/3

1 Like

Nope. Not true.

Brick’s Initiation will spawn more than 6 Goliaths in a few minutes.

4 Likes

Playing Krieg doesn’t spawn any more Badasses than playing Sal does Loot Midgets.

4 Likes