Is thorn broken?

(Mrpenguin269) #1

Hi I’m known as MRPENGUIN269 on Xbox I’ve been playing my waifu thorn ever since the beta. But recently I’ve been getting me A LOT of mean messages saying “Stop being a try hard thorn” or “you know she’s getting nerfed right”. I just wanted to say that I play her because I love the character not because she top tier. Hell I’m a beginning artist and most of my drawing are thorn (not very good drawing but you get the point) So is she really that broken or are people just over reacting? Before I go someone plz tell me how hard she’s getting nerf :frowning: thanks, oh and sorry for the ■■■■■■ grammar.

(Creator of the Battleborn Discord) #2

Her blight field is being reduced in damage (to somewhere around the level of Toby’s mines) and in size. Her Volley is getting a wider spread to make it harder to jump into people’s faces and headshot them with the whole thing. Her Wrath of the Wild is getting audio cues to let others know it’s coming (basically she’ll shout/call out her attack). The accuracy on her bow on the other hand is being increased and there will be a shorter charge up before her arrows become cursed. I don’t think there were any other changes but I could have forgotten something or there will be more changes that I never became aware of in the first place. She’ll still be a strong character but she won’t have an overperforming wave clear anymore and it will take a little more effort than just cycling through her skills to take someone down.

(Dwarfurious) #3

Its so funny how people love her just because of her looks when her personality is nothing but yelling and being angry. Shes a HORRIBLE sociopath. but omg elf waifu bae all is forgiven! typical.
And yes shes that broken. And everyone says the same thing “i dont play her for super easy wins!” suuuuuuuuuuuuuure you dont.
Hope they clip her wings so she cant fly. And nerf her ults damage so its not the most damaging ult in the game.

(Creator of the Battleborn Discord) #4

Queue elf hating dwarf. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Dwarfurious) #5

Unlike peoples obsessive adoration for Thorn, my hating her is actually deserved.

(Where's lucky?) #6

I don’t care about her looks and I don’t like her personality but I love her playstyle

(Ambra's Arbiter) #7

I’m surprised you hate her so much when she’s your mains adopted granddaughter.
And yeah, she’s not especially overpowered, but she is stronger than most of the cast. But her and Oscar Mike and Ghalt and all the top choices are getting toned down soon to acceptable levels

(Dwarfurious) #8

I’d say shes stronger than the cast. Definitely more than OM. Blights better than Napalm and hes a “pusher” as his role. At least ghalt doesnt have lots of AoE to easily wipe minion waves.

(Ambra's Arbiter) #9

Huh. I always thought Frag was about equal. More damage, but less utility. And yeah, I think she needs some toning down

(Dwarfurious) #10

Less damage. Starts off strong though but once Thorn gets the helix’s and a little skill gear and curse Blight can 100-0 you by itself.

(Ambra's Arbiter) #11

Yeah, between the haste, slow, and curse, it can do a lot more. Almost like it’s an actual skill and not just a helix! (I’m not over how much of an advantage he gets)

(Dwarfurious) #12

They stack too, so if she gets the blight helix at level 10 she can lay down two ontop of a sentry. Thats almost 4000 damage from blight alone.

(Ambra's Arbiter) #13

That is true. But other people have stronger level 10 helices. Like Orendi or cough Boldur cough

(Bladedancer ) #14

She’s not really super easy to play, she uses a bow and requires aiming precise aiming most of her kills are from her skills which have kooldowns

(Master of pendles.) #15

It doesn’t matter how bad your aim is though land one single curse arrow and then bam land all of your supremely easy to land blight fields and ult that now do 25% more damage and anyone who fights you is Swiss cheese