Is Thorn's Legendary Gear broken?

He everybody,

I’m not sure if it’s just me, but since the big update in October Thorn’s legendary gear - Aelfrin Memory Band - doesn’t seem to work properly. It’s Thorn specific skill is that nature’s curse is charged instantly when an arrow is at full draw, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore since the update where they reduced nature’s curse’s charge time. It might just be me but it seems that it takes the same amount of time to charge nature’s curse before and after activating Thorn’s legendary gear.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

(beta382) #2

Probably just you. The gain is smaller, naturally, but it still charges faster.

(Australian Lite™) #3

It’s not instant. It just decreases the amount of time you have to hold it - quick shots are still not cursed.

I knew it wasn’t instant (that would be crazy powerful!), but with the new improvements to Thorn the benefit is virtually nonexistent. It’s a shame because the reward players got for working so hard on Thorn, and her lore challenges, has now been made obsolete - there only seems to be milliseconds of difference between the two. My Thorn specific gear no longer feels special :frowning:️ I hope Gearbox will make adjustments or give her gear a different special ability.

(Australian Lite™) #5

Yeah, I have noticed that as well. I don’t usually use it these days, replaced it with a Codex Fragment, which works really well on her.