Issues that need addressing ASAP in Borderlands 3

Ok so having played Borderlands 1 & 2 to death over the years and across various platforms, I was excited for the release of Borderlands 3 - imagine my disappointment (and a lot of other people judging by all the comments across the forums) about the lack of vertical split-screen and the ridiculously small font/text size. On a 43” UHD TV it’s still unreadable unless you pause and go right up to the screen. Please tell me that you are listening to your customers feedback regarding these issues and will be addressing them quickly as it seems like you will be losing a LOT of loyal fans others which would be a shame.

4 Likes

I seriously agree with you. Had I known they wouldn’t keep vertical splitscreen I wouldn’t have bought this one on console and would have just gotten it on PC for the wife and I. Sure it would have cost 200$ (2 copies of Ultra Deluxe version) but we would have at least been saved the crushing disappointment of finding that our couch coop snuggle fest was actually going to be a needing to be a foot away from the TV to read things and let the other person get in a safe place to open your inventory dissapointathon.

I get that local coop isn’t the majority of their business but this was a real big bruise on our relationship with gearbox but I’m holding out hope that if enough of us are respectful but persistent that they will add Vertical split screen (and I think its pretty much a given they will fix the menu lag)

4 Likes

Same here. Wife and I were extremely excited, planned to marathon to TVH mode, she turned it off after 20 minutes because even on a 70" TV the game is just unplayable. Feels like I lit $100 on fire and then wiped my butt with it.

4 Likes

Same here!

The lack of vertical split-screen is killing my co-op enjoyability.

Please fix this Gearbox!

2 Likes

This game should never have been released as it is now,just horrible practices these days.

2 Likes

Update: OK Gearbox, so we’re one month or so on from launch and you’ve just launched the Bloody Harvest Hallowe’en event. Sounds great, but, and this is a BIG but, I still want to play the game in vertical split screen with my partner. Like I did for the previous 3 Borderlands games! NOT single player, and NOT horizontal split screen ( as it crops the already unreadable menus - thanks again for that smaller unadjustable font size!)

As much as I like reading about gun and character nerfs every week it would be nice to know that this is not the only thing you are doing.

Please, please address this vertical split screen/ text size issue as as my copy of the game is currently collecting dust on the shelf and I know from the forums that I’m not the only one that’s asked for this.

Even just an acknowledgement that this is being addressed and will be coming soon in a patch would be a great piece of news as currently, like others, I feel like I’ve wasted my money.

2 Likes