Item fail of the day (Original Game)

PlayStation 2. I just derailed the thread though so we can’t talk about this here.

It does, but that doesn’t mean it can be gamed. The UE3 RNG implementation is quite robust - and random.

1 Like

He he I actually thought about that but don’t have them all on one mule character.

Meet me behind the pharmacy on Main at 8 am

2 Likes

I’ve always been quite curious but never really researched how all this might work. And then you throw AL into the mix and then what? A theory I had was the concept of rerolls. We all know the metaphor of using dice. Rolling however many 5 or 6 sided dice and applying the results. Well I wondered what practical way AL could effect this and I thought perhaps with a very low AL chest you get just the one roll for each variable. That’s it you get what u get. With the higher level (and they seem to be in “brackets”…not evenly rising numbers) you would get say…1 or 2 or even more rerolls of each variable. And the game picks the one with the highest rarity value. So its entirely possible for a regular red chest to spawn say…your perfect anaconda masher…but only if it rolls 5 on every dice…and it’s also possible for that best Lance best to spawn a really bad one…if it never rolls those good numbers…idk. I need to be asleep but I can’t sleep so I’m just nerding out. Thanks for indulging me.

It’s not AI - that would be overkill - it’s just simple math and lookup tables. It’s a little different in some respects, but you can get an idea from the “Inside the Box” description of how BL2’s loot system evolved from that of BL1, which you can find linked from here.

3 Likes

Thanks homie. Haha the pic of Maya and clap…but It should have been tannis huh?

If I could do an audio clip here it would just be the chorus to nirvanas “you know you’re right”. “Painnnn…painnnnnnn”

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s why I jump the wall with Roland and I stay in the game for days that way, my PC loves to hibernate…

1 Like

3 Likes

Man penetrators gotta be really bad to be green haha.

1 Like

IMG_20180803_222051
IMG_20180803_222408

5 Likes

4 Likes

IMG_20180804_130406
IMG_20180804_130815
IMG_20180804_132242

5 Likes

pretty meh night for farming.

6 Likes

5 Likes

20180803013507_120180730031304_120180803034907_1

4 Likes

I love that bulldog. U crazy. I still don’t have one of those penetrators.

3 Likes