Item Finds of the Day BL2

no bandit parts. i got many ahab launchers bandit grip&exhaust&deepa accessory, no idea why that weapon has the magazine size

5 Likes

deep prefix with matching grip is how you got that. I’ve always wondered if matching grip deep prefix with bandit exhaust would yield you a 5 mag? nice drop never-the-less.

3 Likes

the original grip is the reason why a deep a ahab has 4 magazine size ? and bandit grip that has extra magazine size does not work ?

1 Like

bandit grip won’t do it. you need a bandit exhaust for an extra rocket in your mag.

3 Likes

truly, i’ve found bandit exhaust together with that stabbing grip deep a prefix, it does not result in a above 3 magazine size ahab. also, as you can see on wikia, the exhaust does not deliver a increased magazine size. the only mag4 ahab there has maliwan exhaust, when not relook that thing i not even tried it so many times. was at least 300 kills or more

2 Likes

Stabbing grip is Bandit. I think you’re misunderstanding me. Or I’m not explaining myself properly. I’ll try again…

You always want matching grip. it gives buffs to mag size, reload speed, and damage, possibly other buffs that I don’t feel like looking up right now. So, Torgue grip on your Ahab is what you want. After you get the matching grip part accomplished, you’re not hoping for the Deep prefix which increases mag size. with matching grip manufacture bonuses, one being increased mag size stacks in this case. Cause the Deep prefix increases mag size. so now you’re getting 2 buffs to mag size. The 3rd peice to this puzzle is the exhaust. Bandit exhausts add +1 to the mag size. so, if you hit all 3 variables I believe it’s possible to get a 5 mag. Haven’t seen it yet. so I’m not for sure cause this is Borderlands, right?! lol in theory, I think its possible.

edit: did some digging cause I’m really curious now. There might be some weird cap on the Ahab specifically. It doesn’t make sense after reading the spread sheet that is linked here. All mag size had the Bandit exhaust listed as the variable you want and no other exhaust listed as a contributor. that tells me the Bandit exhaust does increase mag size. But in this specific situation, that Ahab might be “locked” for lack of a better term. some weird discrepancy that won’t allow the mag size to be above 4.

6 Likes

yes, i use the steam community guide about parts, so i was also confused, especially as i saw all bandit ahabs. so i was believing the prefix is the key as you can see it on wikia - but is not. wayne, got a magazine size 4 ahab and it tooks an eternity. but now i’m farming skins and it also seems to be an ordeal.
edit: magazine size 5 imagine that apparatus on money shot pimp xDD
some stuff

6 Likes

I do imagine it. I dream of it. That is why I have the theory that i can get a mag size of 5. But, probably not after reviewing the spreadsheet. if it’s accurate, then it can’t happen. But I’ll hold out until I see it for myself. Deep prefix, Torgue Grip and Bandit Exhaust.

Edit:
I saw visual proof of Deep prefix, Torgue Grip and Bandit Exhaust. My dreams are crushed. max mag size for Ahab is truly 4. :sob:
man am I glad i didn’t have to farm that myself to see proof. that could have taken quite a long time.

4 Likes

Finished my set with this

5 Likes

hyperion loot barge on my way to Washburne. Apparently I get a hypo plasma caster every 10 levels

6 Likes

This happened after cruising through the peak with @RobCheap

Explosive Nasty Surprise and Rolling Thunder

8 Likes

I got one of my own :wink:

I have no idea why I took a screenshot of this , but it’s the first slag Gwen that I’ve seen in decades :

I started Tina’s just so I could get the Forest. Got this from the second treant :

No Siren is complete without this (although I’m getting more mileage out of the purple Fox and Binder COMs still) :

Remember all that chat we were having about the container that gets busted loose at the end of Home Movies? Well it had a little something special that I took clear around Opportunity for a little decimation :

This dropped somewhere along the way, probably a SBA loader :

20190131230357_1

And one for the altar :

20190129225018_1

6 Likes

Is this the same run we got a Mongol from dukino’s mom, or the one we had a perfect sticky lobbed quasar from the eridium chest at Black Queens? So much luck ahshahah

2 Likes

I think the run with the Quasar

3 Likes

What happened to you Torment? You were so good in the original. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

That longbow slag transfusion is beautiful :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

If only X8. would have been perfect. But it’s gorgeous, I agree. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Always feel like Slag RL are fails but I’ll make an exception.

A bad Quasar… But my first OP8 one.

OP7 but might be of better use for a future leveling up character.

5 Likes

On that topic I just ran through WEP on Kottos’ reset and got these.

transformer

Nothing from the midgets though.

5 Likes

i can see all pics uploaded here except yours