Item Finds of the Day

A couple finds from Athena, one from a chest, the second from the grinder. They’re in Spanish because Pickle is much less annoying that way.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #1709

First tps legendary on my ps4

Not the best parts, but that doesn’t matter

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1710

The vendors have been generous on this run (didn’t buy/couldn’t afford either of them, but still nice to see)…

…ok, so this last one’s a chest, but still…

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1711

First time up against UVHM Zarpedon was profitable…

…some folks apparently aren’t too fond of the ZX-1 but it’s been working well for me so far, but admittedly the Bulwark and an 3DD1.E help it along some. Getting the lvl 53 ZX-1 was a lucky drop for sure, since my lvl 50 version (the one from the chest, posted earlier) was beginning to struggle a bit. I’m now debating taking the 50 and a lvl 35 I have in storage to the grinder…or not.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #1712

World drop lvl 56 badabom from a kragon before iwaj. Mag size prefix, matching grip, and explosive.
Add a perfect lvl 56 gatling gun to this

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1713

More recent goodies from the vendors…

• EDIT - I see things like these and always wonder about buying…on one hand, cool gear. OTOH, expensive gear at a low level, and how long will it be viable? I bought the Nasty Surprise and it easily carried me thru Felicity Rampant, and I can store it for another character when it’s too under-leveled to be used further. The Boomacorn was tempting but there’s the level thing and draining most of my on-hand cash.

I’d say buy. You have a level 53ish character, so if your lower level characters need cash, just have Athena drop some trashy whites or greens in the stash for them to sell.

On topic: I’m guessing this is a rare(ish) head (dropped from the Bosun)

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #1715

Boomacorn on jack with 10 or 11/5 AA is so good. The horse noises well you can mute those

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1716

On high-lvl characters, the buy decision is easier and I have bought things that were just too good to pass up (I remember finding a lvl 30’ish 3DD1.E in a vendor that I could not just walk away from). It’s the low-lvl (ie, NVHM) high-end red text stuff that makes me stop and think about buying or not…if I’d found that Boomacorn in UVHM, even early on, I’d have bought it in a second. In NVHM/TVHM tho, I focus more on character development and less on high-end gear that didn’t come from a drop or reward.

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1717

Speaking of (I bought it, btw)…

This is the second one I’ve taken from a vendor. Wish I had this kind of RNG in BL2.

A disappointing drop from Iwajira:

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1719

The silliness continues (I passed on this one)…

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #1720

Killed ecplise/eos at lvl 67, dinged lvl 68 after the fight. Got a lvl 68 docs flayer :heart_eyes: Hyperion stock perfect, but torgue grip, so not the best, but could be worse. Add a lvl 70 flayer, aka grinder fodor. And a lvl 70 skullmasher both from E/EoS

Like the Neo, I’m unsure of this. Capacity comparable to wet tissue paper doesn’t look good, but maybe the regen makes up for it? I don’t know… Hard to see any of my VHs using it though - Jack has pretty much outleveled it already; Athena wants high capacity with her great shield regen skills; Aurelia … maybe?

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #1722

Since I don’t have the shock drop arena, it’s my shield for Claptrap. It’s legendary effect actually has pretty good synergy with his kit.

(SEATTLE - 12 - SEAHAWKS) #1723

So very close :disappointed_relieved:

(Berserker) #1724

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #1725

Since tps doesn’t have a fails thread I’ll just say
Another lvl 69 shooting star

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1726

Found this after a Kraggon mob…

(I stopped moving and the orphans caught me. Tannis was right.) #1727

Question - the grinder obviously works, even tho I have not accepted Janey’s TVHM quest to repair it. Is there a reason to re-do the quest in TVHM and then again in UVHM, or is a fixed grinder a fixed grinder regardless?