What do you commonly use in Borderlands? What are your favourite items and items you use?
My usual equipment setup for farming Crawmerax is:(p.s. - I use Mordecay)
- Unforgiven masher (6shot).
Before that I kept using 2shot masher Equalizer for the job. Sometimes can take out critical hit spots with one shot, but I’d guess that it’s thanks to a certain character skill.
- Nemesis - my favourite weapon in game. The one I’m using have no sights and have perfect parts other than crap barrel. For me it’s the most satisfying weapon to use in game, because it’s not contradicting its own power with impractical drawbacks.
- Hellfire, no comments neccesary.
- Undertaker for the job of taking out Crawmerax’s backspot. As a side note, it’s my decision to not collect any rocket launchers other than the pearlescent Undertaker since imo they’re pretty underwhelming in this game.
When not farming Crawmerax sometimes I tend to switch things up and equip other weapons.
- Serpens - the first pearlescent I found, I’m still using the same one. It eats up crimson lance and feels awesome to use despite it’s zigzaggy bullet pattern. I mean it’s accuracy isn’t that terrible, I’d show it off as an example for how Madhous! from BL2 should have been, which imo is a piece of scrap and it’s inaccuracy imo is way too extreme.
As a sidenote, I found Serpens before acquiring Defiler with good parts, which is the reason why I most of all times choose Serpens over Defiler and thereby I rarely use the revolver.
- Sometimes, but not often I equip a sniper rifle, I tend to take either Cobra or Bessie. Sniping in the game imo is pretty challenging due to character flinching when getting shot, which have potential to kill off every shot I take and thereby the slower firerate for the sniper, the harder sniping gets. That’s why I usually use Cobra for it’s good firerate and firepower, while I avoid using snipers with firerate below 0.6. However Bessie is a different story, because the great critical hit damage gives a valid reason to use it in spite of it’s slow firerate. Also the one I have have firerate of 0.5, so it’s not too terrible. Bessie is fun, and it rewards skill.