It's Official: Welcome to the ONLY Gearbox Software Forums!

(Influencer Guy) #1

Well everyone, the day has come. Today we close the old vBulletin forums and begin using these full time. I know many of us took some to “say goodbye” to the old forums through a few final posts, myself included. As of today though, these are the one and only GBX forums.

You may notice that the URL transition has already been made. That basically means that the “forums.gearboxsoftware.com” URL will now point to this forum from now on. As we have maintained throughout the transition process, the old forums are and will continue to be viewable for reference at “oldforums.gearboxsoftware.com”. We’re working today to finalize everything, so if you don’t see the old forum URL, just give it some time. If you have threads or guides that list the previous URLs, you’ll probably want to go back and edit those.

As always, you can feel free to direct any questions you have my way! Thanks everyone!

Accessing Old Forum Threads & Topics
What happened to my old account and topics?
The 'What made you happy thread' /V2
(Influencer Guy) #2

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

(Influencer Guy) #3

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

(Influencer Guy) pinned #4

(COMMUNITY BADBOY) #5

Thank you for the explanation, Joe!

(?) #6

One open spot on my bookmark bar now. :smile:

(Cast Iron Chef) #7

Quit screwing around, Joe, :stuck_out_tongue:

(Influencer Guy) #8

What can I say? I find pushing the wrong button and then having to go back and fix it utterly hilarious!

(Jan S.) #9

Thanks for keeping old forum “alive” so we don’t loose everything :slight_smile:
I wasn’t using the old forum so much, so I really enjoy this new more :smiley:

(Super Badass Constructor ) #10

After I got used to it, I have to say I love the Discourse system. Now it just got to stop saying my Body is Invalid… :<

(K0rN b4LL) #11

I thought that the old forum threads would still be viewable but we just wouldn’t be able to post on them? Is everything on the old forums completely gone now?

(Poorly drawn Starlord) #12

No, the old forums are now know as “Oldgearbox forums” or whatever (JoekGBX, put it in the first post)

It’s all still there.

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #13

You can edit posts. We can keep the old one alive throug edit.

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #14

And we can still PM.

And JoeK, 3 of your posts only appear as that yellow color. It wont change.

(Jeffybug) #15

We’ll be transitioning vbulletin (http://oldforums.gearboxsoftware.com) to static html down the road. But yeah, for now, they’re just closed to new posts and new user registration has been turned off.

(Influencer Guy) #16

It’s probably just related to the pinning of thread. I wouldn’t worry about it. If it persists though, let me know.

(In Vino Veritas) #17

What funeral did the Old Forum receive?

A Burial?
A Pyre?
Fed to the pigs?
Entombed in a Pyramid with it’s belongings so it’s heart may be weighed by Maat?

(Berserker) #18

I’d go with this one since it’s been mummified and put on display.

(In Vino Veritas) #19

HAHAHA. AMG, mate I am seriously making my customers turn around because I’m cracking up at the back of my shop.

That is genuinely a great reply. I wish I could like it more than once.

(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #20

This one. Thanks to ACNAero. It is a nice death for it. I cant believe how many mistake i have made in this post