It's Week 3 of the Borderlands' 10-Year Anniversary Event!

We’re continuing to celebrate Borderlands’ 10-year anniversary with another week of in-game bonuses for Borderlands 3 . This week is Show Me the Eridium!

The first thing to know about Crazy Earl—besides the fact that he’s completely off his rocker—is that he prizes the ancient purple element known as Eridium over all else. During this week’s Borderlands Anniversary Celebration event, entitled Show Me the Eridium, you can make Crazy Earl envious of your Eridium reserves once the strange ore starts popping up all over the place. And if you don’t feel like hoarding all that precious Eridium to yourself, Crazy Earl style, he’ll gladly trade you for cosmetic items and Anointed weapons in exchange for your stash.

The Show Me the Eridium event will begin courtesy of a quick micropatch deploying by or before 3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, October 15. You’ll receive an in-game notification if you’re playing while the micropatch goes live; to ensure that the micropatch is successfully applied, verify that you’re online then hang around the main menu for a minute or two. For the duration of this event, there will be Eridium drops added to standard enemies, increased Eridium drops in Mayhem Mode, discounted Eridium costs to use Moxxi’s Vault Line slot machine, and a discount on all the coveted items at Crazy Earl’s hideout in the Cargo Bay of Sanctuary III.

In case you haven’t done business with Crazy Earl before, he’s the only vendor who deals in Eridium, the special currency earned exclusively through gameplay. Provided you’re packing enough Eridium shards, he’ll sell you all kinds of cosmetic items big and small: Vault Hunter Heads and Skins, Emotes, ECHO themes, Trinkets, Weapon Skins, and Room Decorations. Next to his little bunker, you’ll find his custom-built Veteran Rewards vending machine, which takes Eridium in exchange for Anointed weapons. Anointed gear is powerful thanks to its ability to improve Action Skills in ways that may or may not be specific to one Vault Hunter.

Show Me the Eridium will run from October 15 to October 22 when the next week’s theme begins. The Borderlands Anniversary Celebration calendar is below—and if you want to know what this month of Borderlands 3 bonuses is all about, you can catch up here.

Week 3 (October 15-22): Show Me the Eridium!
Week 4 (October 22-29): Mayhem on Twitch!
Week 5 (October 29 - November 4): Spooky Surprise!

This week is the ideal time to collect Borderlands 3’s wide assortment of cosmetics, giving your Vault Hunter everything they need to positively slay when it comes to fashion and flair. Those Anointed weapons will also provide a nice boost in power—and if you somehow amass more Eridium than you know what to do with, show off how big of a baller you are by firing weapons from the Eridian Fabricator with reckless abandon.

10 Likes

Nice, but got 8k+ eridium, i don’t know what to do with, Earl store is already out of stock and don’t want to play slot machine for hours

13 Likes

I see gearbox ignored my thread posted 4 days before week 3 event Week 3 Show me the eridium, for love of god I hope its not a simple increase in eridium drop rate

We ALREADY GOT TONS OF ERIDIUM GearBox… we farmed graveward so many times and we got so much eridium from him, we sold out all Earl cosmetics and we got extra eridium left also, please add some useful items in exchange for eridium, IDK go crazy with something like pay 1 000 eridium for a random legendary class mod or something like that, this way ppl will have a reason to farm for eridium, even the ones with 40k on theyr inventory…

Replace Earl machine epics with Legendaries this week only ??? Maybe ?

20 Likes

How about that day 30 patch? Performance fixes? Any time soon? please? the stuttering and performance problems are far from fixed and suck all enjoyment from the game.

6 Likes

This is a seperate thing that was scheduled. Has little to do with patches.

But if you look back at patch and hotfixes most come on thursday and friday.

During a twitch stream last week they talked about a lot of this. So if the big patch hits this week I would look for it to come thursday or friday due to how the others ones hit.

5 Likes

Just gimme the Pumpkins, PLEASE

4 Likes

Got a idea… increase chance to get legendary from loot o gram ? Thats part of crazy earl shop right… please add something useful for players who already got the eridium, which is almost all of us ?

Yeah, this week’s bonus is useless for me. I was really hoping for more items to be added for me to spend eridium on. Preferably luxury several thousand eridium worth items.

Ah well. Can’t have everything appeal to me. Last two weeks were lovely.

3 Likes

Can earls vending machine produce legendary annointed gear?

2 Likes

had the same idea, but with a increased price like 2 000 per item or more, otherwise is going to be to easy to get them

I think not, but they can add something like 5k iridium for a anointed legendary gear (for the event). Will be cool and besides that, reward people who is playing the game since the launch

1 Like

I think the event would be more exciting for those of us with an Eridium stockpile if the vending machine had higher quality wares this week. There are plenty of purples I would love to get anointed versions of - mashers, muckamucks, tediore mirvs. What’s holding me back from farming them is not the Eridium cost, it’s just the time it would take to get them all the Earl’s vending machine. A simple buff like giving Earl all purple wares this week would make me buckle down and farm them. Just my two cents.

1 Like

I have zane and moze where I have them just around level 10, I may play them more to unlock this stuff for cheaper and drops are good.

1 Like

I get what you are saying; to some of you this is about as useful as having a special encounter for farming the Lascaux during the official Loot Hunt for BL2 was. But unlike that gun, which could be acquired by simply running to the spot it dropped anytime you went into the Frostburn Canyon at any time, not everyone plays at the level you have, and most people aren’t going to have the thousands of Eridium stored up. This is a potentially useful event for the majority of BL3 players. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

-Step 1: Kill a couple mobs during event to acquire the last 340 Eridium I need to get the last of the cosmetic items.
-Step 2: Stop playing because there isn’t anything left to do in the game and the Eridium Vending Machine doesn’t have legendaries meaning that any extra Eridium I have is useless.
-Step 3: Profit?

8 Likes

Super disappointing “event”. Eridium is completely useless at end game. The slot machine is an incredibly tedious method for farming legendary items, and Crazy Earl offers nothing of value. I’ve got 10k Eridium as it is, and no interest in using it. I bought three weapons from Crazy Earl in the last two weeks, and ended up chucking all three very quickly. I almost exclusively use legendary gear/weapons. I’ve yet to find a purple rarity version of anything that out-classes my current set-up.

Hopefully the following week’s event will be enticing.

3 Likes

Probably a nice event for people who don’t have much eridium. This event doesn’t provide anything for most people who come and leave their feedback here. I’m sitting on 22k eridium. But ya’ll gotta think about the way bigger player community that does not have much of the purple stuff hoarded. Not sure about statistics, but pretty sure most players don’t have > 4k eridium.

3 Likes

I think ppl dont understand how Earl shop works, lets say you have a lvl 50 character with 10k eridium, you buy all earl shop items and you get message sold out, now you go create a lvl 1 or continue with ur lvl 10 for exmaple, if you go to earl with that other character you will still get sold out message, the items from earl shop are shared across all characters in the account once you buy them.

1 Like

You will be very disappointed.

2 Likes

I bet @whiplashr realizes this has little to do with patches but since GBX won’t communicate anything about the patches people are going to continue to ask.

If GBX gave people a little more insight, even a rough idea, people might be a little more patient and not ask about upcoming patches in the wrong forum.