I've got 7% More Salt! - Destro's Sunday Let's Play Thread #1 (Community Question #1)

Hiya everyone, Destronoma here with another Let’s Play for you all!

Here’s a link to today’s episode - https://youtu.be/0TzBjPYOi7g

I decided to pick up playing Montana last week, and I’ve had a lot of fun with him so far. I think my Helix choices could use some adjusting, but I’m currently using a shard extractor, health regen, and attack damage gear on him. That seems to be pretty decent for how I’m playing him, but please let me know if you guys use anything different with him! I’d like to get a wide array of opinions.

Speaking of opinions, I’ve got a question for you guys -

(Community Question #1)
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH SALT? WHETHER YOU’RE SALTY OR SOMEONE YOU’RE PLAYING WITH IS SALTY, HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT PULLING YOURSELF BACK FROM A SALTY ATTITUDE? FOR ME, PERSONALLY, I NEED TO USUALLY TAKE A FEW MINUTES AFTER A BAD MATCH TO KIND OF DE-STRESS MYSELF. SOMETIMES IT HELPS IF I REMIND MYSELF “HEY, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN”. BUT IT REALLY GOES BY A MATCH-TO-MATCH BASIS. SOME MATCHES I’LL GET SUPER-SALTY, AND SOME MATCHES I’LL BE FINE OR WE’LL HAVE A PUBSTOMP OF SOME SORT.

That also leads me to say this - I don’t want to just upload videos that are victories, or utter pubstomps. I don’t believe in that - it kinda paints me as being really fake if you guys don’t get the full spectrum of gameplay from me. Which means I’ll be uploading defeats AND victories. I want you guys to see me play how I play - salty attitude and everything. Heck, maybe the defeats will be funnier than the victories? Who knows.

As I don’t want to spam the forum with constant threads about my Let’s Plays, I’ve decided to break it up into two threads - a “Sunday Let’s Play Thread” that will obviously go up on Sunday, and a “Weekday Let’s Play Thread” that will contain the episodes for Tuesday and Thursday. I’m not sure how well these will work out, but I don’t want to make someone’s eyes hurt with too many threads based around my Let’s Play videos.

And I wanted to also say that I’m usually available to play on the Xbox One - my gamertag is the same as my username. Just send me a message saying you’re from the forum, and we’ll see about getting a match together.
Cheers, guys!

I deal with salt by drinking lots of water to keep myself properly hydrated. If your pee isn’t clear, you are too salty!

1 Like

Dry…Land

2 Likes

T-That was ONE TIME!! Oh man, OH MAN… PLEASE DON’T TELL THE OTHERS!!

Haha… Seriously though, @Destronoma, i find that thinking about torturing the a**hole [insert character here] after they ream and taunt me, helps to to keep me from swearing or otherwise being negative. It even puts a smile on my face! Of course, when i’ve been drinking, i tend to YELL these fantasies out loud in the chat party, so avoid drinking while streaming too, if you can.

Enthusiastic smile and thumbs up while 80’s after-school special music plays.

1 Like

After years of studying salt, I find that unlike the usual case
Salt is a direct result of thirst
Thirst for a better team, or that you actually landed that shot that would scoured the kill
So how do I deal with salt? I don’t. I never deal with it by always carrying and never failing :wink:
(I’ve never been salty in Battleborn. Every failure is a mistake that can and will be fixed. Where others may grow salty, I seem to attain a sort of quiet determination that I will be the very best there ever was)

1 Like

Fortunately, I’m not much of a drinker.

Now, avoiding swearing on the other hand…that might be a bit trickier.

I should really look into inventing a device that can automatically reduce my salt levels so I don’t swear.

Like, an anti-salt machine, or something.

That sounds dumb.

1 Like

This is honestly what I try to do - learn from every loss or every mistake I may make.

It’s a tricky thing to do in the heat of a match, but I think we grow more from our defeats than our victories.

1 Like

Will check this out later, adverse to PvP as hell but curious to your content.
I have to say though, not showing just victories makes for a much more exciting LP, so I already give you a metaphorical thumbs up for that!

1 Like

I think that’s human nature. You can’t improve without a negative to fix. That’s why when people ask about optimism or pessimism, I say the glass is half empty because I already drank it

I haven’t even able to watch your videos yet but they sound pretty cool. Glad to have some content creators around here

1 Like

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the content I put up!