JSpaceman - if you're still around and reading these forums

“Long Distance Dedication” is a masterwork.

You sent it to me with a box full of a bunch of other stuff, and I can hardly remember what else you sent me. (My username was LiveFreeOrDie in those days - maybe you remember me…)
Anyway, this album holds a very special place in my heart. I think it’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

My older sister died a few years ago, and this is what I was listening to when she was dying.
I know the album is about romantic relationships, but I can’t help thinking about her when I listen to it.
In fact, I put this entire album on an MP3 player for her when she was in hospice.
She never got to hear it - she was too far gone, and was forced to listen to the generic Christmas music the nurses put on the radio in her last days (she died around Christmas).

Anyway, this album says everything I ever wanted to say to her - in life, on her deathbed, and even after her death.
I just want to say “thank you”, to you and the other members of your band, for making something so timelessly beautiful, that helped me get through a very difficult time in my life, and that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

This album means more to me than you can possibly imagine.

4 Likes

[quote=“SamHell, post:1, topic:1555272”]LiveFreeOrDie[/quote]Hey, I remember you! image

…gonna give that a listen now, that’s a heck of an endorsement. The loss of your sister notwithstanding, how are things?

@JoeKGBX - Is Jason Shields still with Gearbox? I believe that’s JSpaceman.

I believe so. He’s in the email directory at least.

@SamHell: I’ve no words for your loss, for your memories. Wow, just…wow.