Just a Borderlands 2 Enjoyer and His Suggestions/Plea

I honestly think that borderlands 2 is being held back by two things as of right now. One is the latest update, which thanks for the new free content btw, because of the bosses that it broke and because of the level cap increase. It’s hard to find a balance for a game like Borderlands 2 but imo level 72 OP 8 was better than 80 OP 10, If not perfect. The level cap increase slows down the gameplay and maybe if you’re running around with a Harold and a Bee shield on Zero you don’t notice (because I haven’t seen it brought up often) but it is an issue. My suggestion would be to give an option to play on either Level 72 OP 8 or 80 OP 10 since people took the time to work on it and we don’t want that to go to waste. Also, the broken raid boss health is self-explanatory.

After that, I think the biggest thing that held back Borderlands 2 from being great is the Gibbed Save Editor. Borderlands 2 is a great game with so much good loot, unique and nonunique, but it never drops. Drop rates don’t even scale with playthroughs. It doesn’t make sense that I have the same chance to get a legendary in normal mode as UVHM OP 10. I’m of the opinion that the reason drop rates weren’t addressed is because everyone could just gib their gear so nobody really complained. If loot was tweaked so that elements, matching grips, and good accessories were weighted more than their lesser counterparts it’d be so much better. Obviously, this would also scale up with playthroughs maybe even have you gain a huge, and I mean HUGE, XP boost when up against higher level enemies to make it so I don’t have to do 3 side quests between every two main missions. It’d make starting new playthroughs less of a chore and subsequently add to players’ playtime and enjoyment.

My last suggestion has already been implemented by PC Gamer Flare2v through mods but that leaves out the console player base which I only left recently to play said mod. Speaking of the console it’d be cool to get a quit without saving option so the console could have something akin to read-only farming or at least a way to farm mission rewards,

I understand that this may never be addressed or acknowledged but I’ve had it on my mind for so long and I just wanted to get it out there. You never know maybe the devs will listen, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Anyways, thanks for reading, and have a blessed day/night.

2 Likes

Firstly, I really haven’t experienced much of a slower gameplay loop since the OP10 update; I play all characters, do tons of weapon testing while mobbing and raiding and it may be a problem primarily on your end. Maybe spec/gear choice suboptimal? Not trying to be rude.

Second point; drop rates for legendaries increase in later playthroughs, not by a huge margin, though I’d argue that it would be unhealthy for playthroughs if you were constantly getting these nuts guns anyway. You do not need exact parts on gear, though I would submit to this point because of the items where it actually is a problem The Sand Hawk and foregrip accessory shotguns being evident.

Borderlands was never made with mods intended, you should probably recognise that considering we’re just starting to get more complex ones. Though I do like them.

You can dashboard, that’s kinda what you’re asking for? Don’t think a quit without save option is good for the game, considering the amount of times I press the wrong menu option when save quitting farming.

Not trying to invalidate you or anything, just wanted my 2cents.