Just thought of something, probably you could do digi peak upto OP8 with mostly mission weps

(I'm not a real doctor) #1

In other word: grog nozzle, Markus maliwan pistol and e-tech rifle from Doctor guy.

If playing for speed could be good idea, not sure if I’ll try it, maybe.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #2

You’ll score a fair amount of brownie points with the locals if you make the run up through OP8 in Digistruct Peak with that loadout, much less at any sort of speed. The Grog Nozzle will keep you alive no prob, but those two weapons are going to get surprisingly soft quickly.

(Community Jackass) #3

Not to mention the ammo issue. All of them consume two per shot, and with the low damage, you risk running dry. Be sure to let us know how it went if you decide you wanna try it!

(POOR IMPULSE CONTROL) #4

If you beat Digistruct Peak all the way to OP8 with that gun, I start a cult fully dedicated to worshipping you.

(Honorary Miscreant & Charlatan) #5

I wouldn’t go buying any incense just yet :rofl:

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #6

Count me in.

(Rumplebunny) #7

Better make it the corrosive pistol, and that e-tech AR will do not much more than waste all your AR ammo. :wink:

It would be a very very very very very tough climb. The assassins (sometimes all four at once), the gang of Scorches, the gang of Doc Mercys, the gang of Boneheads, Saturn, Dukino’s Mom, OMGWTH, the freakin’ turrets, etc…

(Community Jackass) #8

Honestly, I don’t think any of these enemies will be an issue. I think death will come to the first set of skags right after you cross the first bridge. Unless, of course, a UBA loader spawns on the bridge. That would really turn this into a quick challenge. :grin:

(Is this thing on?) #9

Now now, guys, be nice. Constructive advice: good. Anything else: not good.

(RavenOfArisia) #10

If you can do this you are seriously better’n me (maybe that’s not too hard).
That weapon was probably the most frustrating one I picked up in my first playthrough.
When I looted it I said Hey cool, a fancier gun than I’ve seen so far, must be something special!
Then I used it to try and do the kill 25 bandits with etech and boy was I disappointed. First play through was with Axton and this gun did nothing but eat ammo. I think I successfully killed 6 bandits before running my ammo pool dry (again, first time through so I had minimal strategy developed) and was extremely frustrated. Ditched the quest and that gun just hung around in my inventory, I think the quest finally finished itself some time later when I was Pimperneling things and it showed complete, I had forgotten about it.

In the Peak I cannot see this working. Again, if you can do so please record it!
–RoA

(Is this thing on?) #11

It is seriously b0rked given the mission, especially in UVHM. It is so ridiculously under-powered - I can’t imagine trying to use it in OP levels (how does weapon damage versus enemy health+resistance work again?)

(I'm not a real doctor) #12

You mean 1st playthrough UVHM? The weapon is quite spectacular in n and tvhm.

Even UVHM it’s not too bad, I even made a thread about it. It has to be fire with bandits though and you have to strip their shield first.

OP however yes it seems the gun is nerfed once again.

(RavenOfArisia) #13

Nope, playthrough 1, uno, my first time through the game.
As I mentioned I had no particular strategy at that point and was still learning the game mechanics, and this gun just didn’t work for me. Never went back to it to see in later difficulties or characters, maybe I will.
–RoA

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #14

I have to respectfully disagree there. If it was a Vladof, or maybe even a Dahl, I might agree, but it isn’t. The Bandit etech guns generally don’t perform well enough to compete with the health regen in UVHM with elements, and this one spawns NE most of the time in my experience. The first time I tried that mission in UVHM was so brutal that I have skipped it on every toon I’ve brought that far since. I’ve killed Doc Mercy way more times on the Peak than off at this point.

As for mission weapons on the Peak, are there any that aren’t incendiary other than the Marcus intro mission guns? You get a Tinderbox during the Clan War line to burn the Hodunks trailers, but I can’t think of any, besides the Grog, that are other elements. I could be wrong, but I really can’t think of any right now as I type.

That being said, I would be really impressed if anyone tried (success would increase my level of impressed and failure would not decrease it) to hit the Peak with the proposed “Mission Weapon Only” loadout.

(Is this thing on?) #15

There’s a bunch that can spawn in multiple elements which you can dashboard-farm: the Fibber, Rubi, and RokSalt come to mind. If you include the DLCs, there are obviously plenty more to choose from. Unless you’re going to deliberately restrict yourself to e-tech and/or splash damage only?

(Rumplebunny) #16

You get a Torgue gun (I think an AR) in the Commercial Appeal side mission in the Torgue DLC… I can’t think of any others either…

(and that Torgue AR would be miles better than that weird bandit e-tech AR. :smiley: )

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #17

Those are rewards though. I thought we were talking about gear provided by the mission to complete said mission with.

@rumplebunny I don’t think I’ve ever done that one. that would take some of the edge off of this challenge.

(Is this thing on?) #18

Not what I thought, but fair enough. At which point, are we talking about restricted mission items (Grog, Blaster, Torgue weapon), or items provided to help you out if you don’t have one (Tinderbox)?

(Yeti, deconstructed in 3 courses.) #19

My understanding of this thread, please correct me if I am wrong @IceCat763, was that using mission weapons would reduce the farming aspect of regearing because in UVHM they level with you. By that standard, the Tinderbox from Trailer Trashing would fit, but the one from the snowman in Tundra Express wouldn’t.

To be clear, I think this is an ingenious idea with possibly torturous implications. I’d be interested in seeing it tried, but not in trying it myself.

(POOR IMPULSE CONTROL) #20

I can’t believe I’m about to try and prove that the BlASSter is utter garbage … but there we go. :man_shrugging:

Let’s compare this poor joke of an AR to another poor joke of an AR : the Rapier. To achieve this comparison we’ll assume we have no skills whatsoever, we’re hitting only critical hits, and we’re shooting at the Sanctuary test dummy.

Here are the weapon cards for both weapons :

Nasty BlASSter : Base Damage * Critical Hit / (E-Tech Penalty + AR Penalty) * Elemental Multiplier * Fire Rate
= 261291 * 2 / (1 + 0.5+ 0.2) * 1.75 * 6.8 = 3658074 DPS

Ferocious Rapier : Base Damage * Critical Hit / AR Penalty * Elemental Multiplier * Fire Rate
= 155188 * 2 / (1 + 0.2) * 1.75 * 8.7 = 3937895 DPS

3937895 > 3658074, therefore Ferocious Rapier’s DPS > Nasty BlASSter’s DPS

I didn’t talk about other stats such as Accuracy, Reload Speed or Magazine Size.
The Rapier has a way lower Reload Speed at the cost of significantly lower Magazine Size, but the BlASSter consumes twice as much ammo, is less accurate and has a painfully slow Reload Speed.

Conclusion : the BlASSter is utter garbage. You’re better off using a Rapier, which isn’t even intended to be shot in the first place.

TL;DR : sell that ■■■■ and go get yourself a Lyuda.