Keep all politics off of this forum

Geerbox needs to ban all political discussions from these forums. I joined this forum to read about and discuss gaming. It is enjoyable to get away from the everyday stress of the outside world. This is not a place to voice your political opinion, regardless of what side you are on. There is enough of this volatile bashing going on from both sides on all the other social media platforms. Keep it there. If I want to voice my political opinion, I will do so on those platforms.

3 Likes

agree

I have not run into any of that on here. Hope i don’t.

1 Like

there is an off-topic for that

3 Likes

Did you genuinely feel the need to create a separate thread for this? you couldn’t just flag the other one?

2 Likes

I agree. There’s a very good reason as to why I generally don’t discuss politics, and this is it. I rarely see politics discussed anywhere without insults or simple "you’re wrong for not agreeing with me!’ type responses. Hopefully the mods can get this all sorted out.

Did you genuinely feel the need to create a separate thread for this? you couldn’t just flag the other one?

A thread can only have one flag on it at a time and I believe the threads in question have already been flagged.

1 Like

If you flag every post in the thread that isn’t hidden it will auto lock from having too many flags :slight_smile:

1 Like

True, but then you run into possible accusations of censorship. That or you have people like the poster who instead of using the thread both Slif and I linked to, started a new one when his old one was auto-locked.

2 Likes

That dude is gonna get the ban hammer reaaaaaal soon

And it’s not censorship, it’s simply off topic posting. He can go rant in the politics thread in the off-topic section, not the borderlands 3 general discussion section. Nobody will care there. Here, it is off topic and doesn’t belong

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t want to read politics here. Keep it in the off-topic forums.

1 Like

Didnt find a single political thread, yet i found 3 threads against political threads. Nice. Ppl really love drama.

2 Likes

They politico nonsense has definitely been polluting the forums.

The thing is, the guy is a complete dumbass. Simply because if he truly was “worried for the state of the country bc evil prez” he would find a proper forum to discuss. There are plenty of everything for everybody these days.

This guy could be cool and he def has some heart but posting here, where we discuss the game we all love, is just a cry for attention.

I hope he gets the help he desperately needs.

1 Like

Next Topic In This Ongoing Series:

Keep All Topics About Keeping All Politics Off Of This Forum, Off Of This Forum

4 Likes

How you dare keep all topics about keeping all politic topics ou of this forum, i demand keeping all topics about topics about keeping all politic topics out of this forums.