Keeping Borderlands fresh

I’ve been away from borderlands for a while, but that changed when I got sick recently. I’ve logged maybe 2000 hours on PC, but I decided to switch it up, and start a game on my PS3.

It was interesting going through the game with a sort of handicap. You get 30 frames a second, no fov, and only a controller to play with. I was enjoying it so much that I bought a PS4 just for playing borderlands. It’s definitely a lot more like PC, but there’s still the handicap of a controller (albeit a better, more responsive one), and no PC shortcuts.

It’s been pretty fun and nostalgic. I have an Axton that I’m trying to take to 50, and maybe beyond. Anyone else ever try different systems to switch it up?

1 Like

I’ve always been on xbox and have always suspected that the controller and inability to “make” my own gear was keeping me from being as effective as the PC players, who always seem to have the best aim, gear, times in time trials, etc. Have not made the jump to PC, but would be interested in other players’ comparisons of PC vs console.

1 Like

i max out my sensitivity on my PS4. you will feel faster. that helps me on my melee zero playthroughs.

1 Like

I’ve completely gone the other way. Out of curiosity I checked Steam for The Handsome Collection.

Bought it, and started with a siren. I prefer the PC version much better. Load times so much quicker. Still struggling a bit with keyboard, going to get a mouse with some fancy buttons to map a couple of keyboard strokes.

2 Likes

I went with a gaming ball mouse, oh man I’ll never go back to regular mouse. Just the small movements of hand over mouse ball makes it so easy. Instead of dragging mouse within square…
Speaking for myself of course. GL👍

2 Likes