I was going to originally post this after I had completed it, but with the recent 6/5/17 patch, I’ve sorta lost my motivation for it and Battleborn in general. I might still work on it, but instead of letting it die in a private message, I’d rather share it to really hit home how I feel and what my view point truly was.
If you’ve been on the forums since the beta, you may or may not remember that I was very vocal in my “buff instead of nerf” approach, and it has greatly declined over the months. But not because my opinion has changed, but because I have seen the futility in my efforts, as the community had degraded into not much more than a bandwagon of memes and sarcasm. Not to mention the devs obviously didn’t share my stance.
So for some background, ever since the 7/21/16 patch, a lot of my enjoyment in the game has been sucked out for quite a few characters. And it has fluctuated for most of the characters, but mostly in a negative way. With in my opinion, the 6/5/17 patch being rock bottom. But before the most recent patch, I got the urge to “make my own Battleborn” a few months back, and this is what came out. A way to show people what I meant by “buff everyone”. Bringing characters like Galilea, ISIC, El Dragon, Marqius, etc… back to their heyday, and raising everyone else up to their baseline. Along with bug fixes, making helix choices more competitive, and new thought intensive counter play.
This is 100% my opinion and I don’t expect any of you to share it, nor do I expect the devs to either. By that same token, this is more of a showcase and not a discussion. I’m all for constructive criticism and brain storming, but if you want to be negative or sarcastically say “all elfs should be nerfed”, then I’d rather you just not.
Bullet Points on the “Patch”
- All values are at level 1.
- Any numbers that are red mean that they scale with the player’s level.
- I usually put a (^) when I know I have more I want to say.
- Just because a space is empty doesn’t mean I got rid of what was originally there, I just may not have completely thought up how to exactly tweak it.
- Just because something is written out doesn’t mean I’m finished with it. In example, I recently reworked Galilea’s (R1) helix Calamity after I had originally just buffed it and left it untouched for quite a few weeks.
- I considered this to be my more or less ideal vision of Battleborn, with the exception of Thorn’s new talent. It is extremely powerful and is one of the few offensive talents, but I just couldn’t get over how fun it was to run the Chrono Key on her.
- I have more or less fleshed out all of the characters except 2 of them. Kelvin and Reyna.
- I made a rule for myself, that all the characters I considered to be “slayers” (and Pendles) were not allowed to have any CC that could interrupt skills. But as a trade off, they are the only characters that can have offense based talents, as opposed to the defense/mobility based talents of the other characters. Slayers: Benedict, Caldarius, Marquis, Orendi, Oscar Mike, Thorn, and Whiskey Foxtrot.
- All non-slayer characters have or will have at least one stun/bind, pull, knock up, knock back, or silence somewhere in their kit.
- I also planned on revamping how characters are labeled. Such as Assassin, Tank, Brawler, etc…
- All of my reversions note that they are reversions, with the exception of those changes made by the 6/5/17 patch. Where unless I needed to clarify that I made a change, I just left values how they were prior, as it is easy to see my intent for them.
- There are slight variances in how the parts are phrased or structured, because they were written over such a long time.
- If information is wrong or you have a bug you know of that I haven’t covered, then feel free to share.
- More as I think of them…
I copied each character’s entire kit and made notes for all of the changes I made. They are separated by faction and each aspect of a character’s kit is in a drop down tab.