Kicked by Recursion Amara. Again

Posted about Amara players getting way over their heads like a week ago. Recursion Amara kicked me from a slaughter shaft right at the end because “I didn’t do enough”… well here it is again except in MTD m4… to be fair after I realized the Amara already wiped the valkyries before I even got their, I stopped because this Amara really did not have to join a co op game to solo the entire map. I joined in on the last fight, I died, respawned and was kicked. Here’s a video of it. I have an Amara with the same exact garbage gear and can solo TD in minutes, you are nothing special using that garbage build. For the love of god, someone needs to fix this cuz this is the kinda crap that makes me want to not play this. (To anyone who’s going to tell me off about whining, this is a valid complaint that needs to be taken into consideration, especially since this is not the first time this rude act has happened) I’d like to invite anyone (most likely Amara mains smh) to tell me that I’m over stepping, it would only further prove my point that this kinda gameplay is ruining matchmaking co op experience. “Go find friends to play with” lmao… yes I do have friends I can play with but they aren’t always on.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, Gearbox cannot nerf unsocial behaviour by other players. I would suggest using the XBox features to block that user so you have less chance of matching up with them.

Check out the on-line play section here; you’ll likely be able to expand your network of friends that way.

10 Likes

This is a textbook situation for the phrase, “Hate the playa, not the game.”

3 Likes

It’s not really Gearbox’s problem. The host gets to kick people. If you don’t like getting kicked, either be the host (and potentially whine when people quit your game) or stop taking your chances with randos. It’s unreasonable to expect people to be forced to play with you.

4 Likes

This is not a class balance problem. It’s a people problem. This problem won’t disappear with nerfs, it will simply be jerks playing a new (perceived) “best class/build”, behaving the same way.

9 Likes

Can you explain to me how I get to choose to be the host in Borderlands 3? Do you mean just play the game and hope the matchmaking system puts people into my game?

1 Like

In this situation I saw you run into the loot area while the brain was still alive and just go for the loot. You didn’t help chase the brain.

I’m not saying they’re in the right. I play co-operation and everyone gets their own loot. Which means for me, I’d be stupid to not go “hey, what did everyone else find?”.

I really think a true solution is to instance anyone who joins via match making. Hell…co-opetion is stupid and only cool at all if you and your loot ninja friends are just into doing that crap.

Omg. Sorry. This situation just makes no sense. There’s no reason to kick people over loot when instanced loot exists.

3 Likes

I dunno about you but being in my thirties and knowing the new generation of gamers tendencies to use words like “trash” & “cringe”…

I sorta assume any random player as such and must wait to see a spark of humility/experience/depth before I know they can be trusted or are even a well cultured person.

These forum vets around here should be your go-to for good co-op. Randoms could be 10yrs old with shocking attitudes. Heck even the idea of cooperation doesn’t register on the radar. They come to be the best and toss out trash… Trash being actual human beings.

Its a social issues, maturity issuse

4 Likes

That’s kinda what happens on cooperative games, and it goes both ways. On bl2 people got kicked for the same reasons. Shamfleeters and Salvador with Moxxi healing would get kicked all the time just for killing too effectively. Likewise, you might get kicked from a raid for playing gaige or axton so that the host could wait for another zer0 or Maya to join. People want to play with people that play like them, and they’re not afraid to kick randoms if they rub them the wrong way.

1 Like

I gotta say nothing pushed me to make my Fl4k raid build solo capable until I ran into an Amara driver build. I learned to use the brainstormer as a newb tube and used a corrosive lyuda to make up for when Wotan was dodge crazy.
Then I hit a wall, not just needing a better lyuda, Amara and her “trash builds” that anyone can make are something every game has. Some people just get snobbish when they play by a script because it’s “the best”.
Jokes in them I’ve neve given free gear to that kind and I’m sure no one else has.

1 Like

I was thinking the exact same thing. Plus, since only the death until the kick was recorded and shown, who knows if this guy did anything helpful prior to the death…

1 Like

you cant just, play recursion amara and tell people they’re not doing enough wtf. they’re basically doing everything lmao

It’s a really good argument for fixing the siren “fakegrasp” exploit so that we are on a more level playing ground. Even as a siren player myself, I can see the problems when I play other classes, the siren blasting ahead and skipping half the mobs leaving everyone to fend for themselves, or other similar scenarios. I once had a siren tell me, while I was playing another class, to go play solo if I didn’t like being left behind.

It also really highlights the problems with the host being able to kick any other players whenever they feel like it.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen any problems yet. It’s the host’s house and thus their rules. If they don’t like what you’re doing in their instance of the game, they should be able to toss you out.

5 Likes

Gotta go to good houses tho…

2 Likes

Hosting players on a power trip thinking they hold real power. This isnt an “Amara” problem, its the individual behind the screen. I m not surprised, this has been a problem since localized multi-player sessions only that if this happened in a LAN party you could walk over and “settle this” face to face. Also the reason why this only started to get real traction once anonimity was established via internet.

Its easy to be a jerk if you dont have to speak to an actual human or fear consequences…

The thing I find shocking is how many people chose to be that jerk instead of holding up basic human empathy

8 Likes

This isn’t a problem with recursion Amara or phase grasp or whatever, it’s a problem with jerks. If they nerfed Amara to be completely useless that person would just be on the next meta build and still kick you. Calling for nerf won’t stop wankers being wankers.

3 Likes

people do their thing for whatever reason , dont need to make a post for it?

2 Likes

You’re really complaining because people kicked you? :joy:

3 Likes

I’d say society today has that crap wired. :frowning:

2 Likes