We’re continuing to celebrate Borderlands’ 10-year anniversary with another week of in-game bonuses for Borderlands 3! This week is the Rare Spawn Hunt.
If you’ve explored the untamed wilds and urban hideouts of Borderlands 3, you’ve likely found (and killed) a Rare Spawn. These named enemies are lurking around the many corners of the galaxy, and will sometimes show up on bounty boards wanted dead or… actually, just dead. But for the second week of our month-long Borderlands Anniversary Celebration, those Rare Spawns are about to be a lot less rare.
Starting October 8 at 9:00 AM PDT, the Rare Spawn Hunt will start rolling out and begin courtesy of a quick micropatch. To ensure that the micropatch is successfully applied, verify that you’re online then hang around the main menu for a little bit. During the Rare Spawn Hunt, some Rare Spawns are guaranteed to show up in their designated locations and have an increased chance to drop unique Legendary loot. It’s your chance to seek and destroy enemies you might’ve never known existed, or snag the unique Legendary weapons and gear you’ve been chasing after. Here’s a list of all the Rare Spawns that are part of this week’s event, along with their drops:
[UPDATE:] We’re changing how El Dragon Jr and Mother of Grogans function for Rare Spawn Hunt—they will only drop their Legendary Artifacts while playing in Mayhem Mode or True Vault Hunter Mode, so that they won’t drop gear you can’t equip yet!
- Rakkman – Night Flyer , Legendary Pistol
- El Dragon Jr – Unleash the Dragon , Legendary Artifact [Mayhem Mode/True Vault Hunter Mode only]
- Road Dog – Redline , Legendary Shotgun
- IndoTyrant – Random Customization
- Force Troopers – Random Legendary class mods
- Demoskaggon – Random Legendary Shield
- The Unstoppable – Band of Sytorak , Legendary Shield
- Thunk & Sloth – It’s Piss , Legendary Grenade Mod
- Maxitrillion – The Horizon , Legendary Shotgun
- Borman Nates – Psycho Stabber , Legendary Pistol
- Princess Tarantella II – Hive, Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Mother of Grogans – Random Legendary Artifacts [Mayhem Mode/True Vault Hunter Mode only]
- Red Jabber – Random Legendary Grenade Mod
- Urist McEnforcer – Masterwork Crossbow , Legendary Sniper Rifle
The Rare Spawn Hunt is on from October 8 at 9:00 AM PDT to October 15 at 8:59 AM PDT when the next week’s theme begins. The Borderlands Anniversary Celebration calendar is below—and if you want to know what this month of Borderlands 3 bonuses is all about, you can catch up here.
Week 2 (October 8-14): Rare Spawn Hunt!
Week 3 (October 15-21): Show Me the Eridium!
Week 4 (October 22-28): Mayhem on Twitch!
Week 5 (October 29 - November 4): Spooky Surprise!
Good luck on your Rare Spawn Hunt this week, Vault Hunter. Those high-value targets have nowhere to hide, and their unique Legendary loot can be all yours.