Kid Ultra purchased but still locked

(FatalJustice555) #1

A friend of mine on Xbox has tried to purchase Kid Ultra twice, both with platinum and normal in- game currency. Both times, after purchase, he was still locked. He has tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but Kid was still locked. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

(Is this thing on?) #2

I would recommend that they file a support ticket directly. Only the one purchase should have been necessary.

They will need:

• Screen shot showing the transaction (if possible)
  • Their SHiFT support ID
  • Their Battleborn support ID

Those last two can be found in one of the dialogues accessible through the Options menu in-game: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211443183-HOW-DO-I-FIND-MY-BATTLEBORN-SUPPORT-ID-

Here’s where to file the ticket:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

My teammate (who has been dealing with this problem) contacted tech support, and in spite of him spending over 200k credits and redeeming a season pass, they told him that they could not unlock the DLC characters for him because he did not have “video evidence that he redeemed these things”, as if he should be videotaping all of his Xbox activity at all times. This is a horrendous customer service experience and I can’t believe that Gearbox would treat a loyal members of the community (and by extension, our entire competitive team because he can’t play without having the full roster of players) so poorly.

(FatalJustice555) #4

Yeah, that is terrible. That’s the kind of thing that would keep me from wanting to play their games. The answer is obvious: just give him the character. Why would he go through the trouble of lying about something like that? What happened to “the customer is always right”?

(FatalJustice555) #5

Does anyone know: What happens if he goes into a private match without a DLC character? I know that no one on his team can then select that character, but is it also true that no one on the OTHER team can select that character?