Killed raid boss...no loot

I killed Vermivorous in The Infested Warehouse in Caustic Caverns and she didn’t drop anything except money and eridium. Her drop rate is supposed to be awesome and 3 of our team were wearing Vault Hunter Relics. What the heck?

Vermivorous is guaranteed to drop something from her Loot Pool, and those items include the Norfleet, Nasty Surprise, Legendary Class mods, Rare Heads and Rare Skins. An example of a Rare Head is the Kawaii Killer for the Siren. It is possible whatever dropped fell through the environment, or you just didn’t see it. You won’t always get a Norfleet and the Vault Hunter’s Relic does nothing for Legendary items. You are better of using a Bone of the Ancients Relic that boosts Cooldown Rate and Fire damage when fighting Vermivorous. See the Vermivorous Wiki Page and the Vault Hunter Relic Wiki Page which shows how ineffective / useless the Vault Hunter’s Relic actually is.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

That’s really weird. You’re sure some of it didn’t get thrown off-map? I’ve seen it go flying past the train tracks a couple times where you can’t get to it.

Also the VH relic is really only good for the beginning of the game until you can obtain a more useful one (health, shield, elemental or gun damage boost, etc.). It’s pretty much useless later on.

Yeah me and my friends searched the entire room and then watched the recording right after just to make sure. There was nothing. I appreciate the tip about the Vault Hunter’s Relic but is there any way to remedy the bogus loot drop?

A certain problem with the Vermivorous fix is that it’s just a hotfix. If the host couldn’t receive it due to SHiFT related problems Vermivorous will be horribly stingy.

Do Ultimate Badass Varkids drop the Quasar more or less frequently for you? With the hotfix the chance is 1:10, without it 1:30. There’s quite a significant difference between these two.

No remedy unfortunately. You could try opening a ticket with GBX support, but I honestly doubt you would get anywhere. Realistically, the only thing you can do is try to spawn Vermivorous again and hope for a better outcome. Good luck!

The Vermivorous Wiki page would seem to indicate that you are supposed to get something, however is Vermivorous treated like BNK3R in respect to drops meaning the chances are better (1:10) with the hotfix but a drop is still not 100% guaranteed?

Personally, I’ve always got some form of rare drop from Vermi after the hotfix. I would assume it is 100%.
My guess is the loot fell through the ground or into a wall or something.

I’ve also got something every Vermivorous kill since the hotfix. Be it the Norfleet, Nasty Surprise, Head, Skin or a Legendary COM, it was always one of them.

In another recent thread someone also had trouble with Vermi’s loot. The problem was apparently that a Linux-related problem made it impossible to receive the hotfixes which turned Vermi back into a stingy bitch.
This isn’t Linux of course but there is still the possibility of SHiFT messing up somehow. That’s just why we need this hotfix to be made permanent so some bizarre SHiFT error isn’t at fault anymore.

There’s also the unfortunate possibility of disappearing loot. I really wish we had BL1-style messages that also inform you of rare loot drops.
“BNK-3R dropped a Legendary Item!” or something like that. At least that way we’d be sure something dropped. Then we can blame it all on weird geometry!

A patch that permanently increases the drop rate and hopefully fixes other minor issues is definitely desirable. I am not expecting GBX to patch Boll to actually drop the Fastball, since that would likely cause other issues. However, GBX has been silent on the one final patch front for awhile now. So, I am not getting my hopes up. Also, I was hoping for a Shift Code to give Borderlands 2 players on last-gen (like me) access to the missing skins (Dahl Efficiency?) that were made available to THC players. But, the 3rd Anniversary came and went and so far ‘nada’. I actually like that in Diablo III ROS, if a Legendary item drops there is this sort of orange-ish light beam that extends partially skyward. I would even be happy in Borderlands 2 if Claptrap verbally commented (shudder) when something Legendary, Seraph or Pearlescent dropped. To quote Sir Hammerlock “Apologies, but when Claptrap speaks, I feel my brain cells committing suicide, one by one.”

I’ve received them at a rate of about 1:10.