Kite shields vs spike and safe space

I got the tiny tina one shot free with ps plus (wouldn’t have paid for it, but nevermind) so gave it a go.
Kite shields were added, presumably as a trial for wonderlands, and I was intrigued by them.
If you haven’t seen them, they’re basically spike shields elementally locked to explosive and when the spike damage triggers the enemy is staggered back a little. I’m not overwhelmed by them, but I think they were implemented better than safe space modifiers in BL3, which couldn’t appear more than once on a shield and didn’t get a legendary variant, or even any challenges, meaning they got overlooked a lot. Once ASS trigger shield effect annoints were added, they were better, but not optimal, IMO.
I’m interested what everyone thinks of the new kite shields, and whether you hope they return as a modifier in wonderlands. Any changes you’d make?
I haven’t sen the trailers for wonderlands gameplay, so let me know if they cropped up.
Thanks.

Haven’t played the one shot or seen much gameplay footage, but I’m a fan of the safe-space shield modifier. I agree it was disappointing that it couldn’t appear more than once and there was no Legendary version. Still, my Nova/Safe Space Red Suit is a BOSS.

The kite shields sound interesting, but I’d have to seem them in action.

1 Like

Is Kite a new modifier that might roll on any regular shield? Where might I get one of these? (playing on Steam)

1 Like

In the tiny tina oneshot, it’s a variant of spike shield. It’s based on BL2, so you can only have one modifier per shield. Hopefully wonderlands, being based on BL3, will let different modifiers roll on shields/wards. If so, spike will probably return as a modifier and safe space might too. I’m curious if kite will, but haven’t seen anything yet.
If it does, I hope it’s done well, as it has potential as an interesting modifier. I’ve not seen much discussion on them, though, so not sure how popular they are.
There might be other new modifiers, too, and grenades being replaced by spells means they’ll have their own modifiers or whatever.

I tried kite shields and they were useful, but then I got enough crystals to get one of the shields from the seraph vendor. It’s crazy good.

1 Like

What kind of shield did you get from the seraph? I’ve been saving my crystals and checking hack now and again and because these crystals are in such short supply, havent spent any yet. But there have been no shields yet. Just SMG’s, assault rifles using two ammo per and some artifact.
Does this change or does it require me to buy something first.

1 Like

Drawing a blank on the name, but the shield provides damage resistance and reflects bullets. Also sends out homing slag projectiles. Yep, crazy powerful.

And the vendor changes up regularly. Usually see new stuff if I come back later.

1 Like

Antagoniser, I think. Yeah, it’s really good.
Worth the cost in seraph crystals, but it seems to have a low chance of appearing. Like farming any vendor, just keep reloading until you see one. Which is a lot easier than in BL3, since load times in the one shot are WAY shorter, lol.

Ok, I’ll look for the antagonizer tonight. So it seems that others say the stuff in the seraph crystal store change with each game start. Does this mean everytime I start the game I should go to flamerock refuge and scope it out?
Also do you kjow how many crystals it takes as i think i only have 140 or 150. I was hoping for a really good assault rifle, maybe one that only takes ohe bullet, or has a big mag and short reload.
Thanks…

1 Like

Everything is 120 crystals besides the artifact, which is 70.

And, yes, it’s good to check the vendor regularly.

1 Like

Weirdly, I’ve also noticed absorb shields weren’t included in the one-shot, after hunting for them for a while.
Not sure why they were removed, unless it’s because some enemy attacks don’t trigger them, making them less powerful.

Wonder if they’ll be included in wonderlands, and if any other types of gear won’t get included.