Kleese is just to weak even for a support

So I’ve played with kleese for a good bit now and well he can’t even win a 1v1 fight against another support. I think his damage or something needs a buff because as it stands he’s the weakest ,squishiest, easy exp of a battleborn. Anyone else played with him feel that he needs a rework?

1 Like

From the perspective of Ghalt killing Kleese in 3-4 shots, I agree. If his Battle Chair was reduced in size to only include the Mortars and armrests (more tall chair shaped) he would get killed a lot less often.

I think his rifts need a larger radius, say 25%, additionally some of his auto attack damage should be converted into power for his motors because they are very weak (on default) right now.

I’d also agree his chair/hitbox/character model should be significantly smaller, he is way too big of a target, his shield regeneration just cannot keep up.

Do you grab all the taser buffs? Thats where I found the most success. He also seemed to do much better in meldown than incursion. I think hes ok where hes at, though healing could use to be a few tiers lower.

Grab the charged taser buff and chained rifts and you’re golden. I can hold a lane alone vs 3 with him, being level 4-6.I’m going to sleep now,but when I wake up I might edit some footage I captured to show you how it’s done.

1 Like

I like to think this character is fine, He wasn’t meant to kill other Battleborn or do outrages damage but truly support friendlies and minion wave. Hes more of a pokey suppressive kind of geezer. He was meant to win the war, not the battle.

1 Like

Kleese is a better support than ambra late game. Just play him early as rift setup and if enemy melees are fighting i am behind them tasering them in the back and killing them.
Just harrass with him. His normal lasers got a good shoot frequency and his mortats can slow enemies down. I have almost no problems with him, but he isnt a normal 1 vs 1 characters. By the way thats not how a support character should be played anyway.

1 Like

I run the taser setup and I’m not really trying to kill other battleborn with him it’s just, how everyone sees a large target and immediately to start chasing you down. It’s just that I can have 4 rifts out with chain anyone sees it they immediately shoot it, and I’m left with no type of advantage or way to defend myself.

place all the rifts in one place, behind some cover(wall,bend in the path, there’s some special “cover” walls in the mid field in incursion as well,stand by the rifts and body block them. The rifts will effectively replenish ALL your shields per pulse and absolutely DECIMATE anyone who tries to go near.

The most important thing is setting the “base” fast,but once you have max rifts you’re close to invulnerable. It takes focused fire from two heavy hitters like Marquis and Thorne TOGETHER to even get through your shields. If they have someone with good AOE like Oscar Mike,then set up the rifts in a more defensive position deeper within your lane, so you can just snipe with the charged shots. Remember, the wards also work for SHIELDED TURRETS,so setting them just beside the stinger turret on Meltdown or lightning turret in incursion makes them EXTREMELY HARD to take down,so you have wards AND a turret defending you. Another thing is using the battle chairwith enough practice you can have some insnane hover time, in the game below I managed to set up my turrets under the green shroom(the one you see under the VS letters and from there I hovered and took down their thumper turret,harassed the sentry AND took out some players who thought were safe

Examples: pic 1 is what you’re going for,in this pic you can also see another good position- just below THEIR ledge,in the 2nd pic you see me in the process of moving the rifts from the “cover” to the turret.:

2 Likes

here’s a FEW spots for Meltdown(yes,we got ■■■■■ hard, but the team comp was awful):
2nd pic shows how you can stand on the ledge with rifts placed like in pic 1 and still get the rift shields replenish,pic 3 is a very defensive spot,extremely hard to get to,pic 4 is another defensive position,pic 5 is generally what you’re going for,with the rifts placed more in-line with the turret if there’s no one like Marquis focusing them. One more thing,GEAR- build ENERGY SHIELD and HEALTH,survivability is your biggest concern.

1 Like

Kleese wrecks face. Command Rank 92, Kleese Rank 15; can confirm OPness.

1 Like

He’s a bit like Heimedinger in LoL when the game released. He even has a similar set of skills :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh totally! But with Sona’s heal in URF mode bahaha.

Really great tip about the turret shield, I never would have guessed that worked… Huh, I wonder if that means it can give the Sentry shielding too?

He actually has the highest damage output of any support. His survival is the problem