KO Rápido - El Dragón PVP Build Guide (Updated on 1.05)

I made a build for El Dragón called “KO Rápido”. Here’s the guide I made for it!

Prerequisites:

Character Rank 7 (Unstoppable helix)

Helix Selections:

1 - (LEFT) The Stunner
2 - (LEFT) Splash Damage
3 - (LEFT) Deafening Applause
4 - (RIGHT) Flailing Fists
5 - (LEFT) Heavyweight
6 - (MIDDLE) Unstoppable
7 - (RIGHT) Big Splash
8 - (RIGHT) Attitude Adjustment
9 - (RIGHT) Lifeline
10 - (LEFT) Title Fight

Incursion/Meltdown Gear:

◄Survivor’s Regrowth Serum►
+14.00 Health Regeneration per Second
+7.00 Health Regeneration per Second after surviving for 180 seconds

◄Vow of Zealous Fury►
+7.93% Attack Speed
+6.74% Critical Hit Damage
Activating a skill stacks +1.59% Attack Speed. Max 5 stacks.

◄Symbiotic Gauntlet►
+8.84% Attack Damage
+204 Maximum Health
Gain up to +8.84% Attack Damage based on current percentage of max health.

Face-Off Gear:

◄Survivor’s Regrowth Serum►
+7.00 Health Regeneration per Second after surviving for 180 seconds

◄”Hurricane”►
+8.40% Attack Speed

◄Duelist Glove►
+9.10% Attack Damage

Capture Gear:

◄Artifical Vitae►

◄”Hurricane”►
+8.40% Attack Speed

◄Duelist Glove►
+9.10% Attack Damage

3 Likes

I updated the build for version 1.05 of the game.

I would recommend taking From the Top Ropes at level 7 since big splash only affects his aoe. Since the aoe size nerf it barely makes a difference and about 3 seconds off Dragonsplash is a better option with Unstoppable at level 6.

For gear I recommend a vest as health is vital now since he no longer has the CC to prevent them from hitting back anymore. I now run full tank gear on him so I can stay alive after diving as i find Unstoppable to be a big of enough damage boost for his ult to clean up.

Big Splash doesn’t affect the stun, huh? Didn’t know that, must of been a pain to test! I still don’t know if I’d go with From the Top Ropes though just because I rarely use Dragon Splash with that sort of regularity. I almost exclusively solo queue and there’s usually not someone topping me off unless there’s an Ambra on the team. I’ll usually scope out my next dive opportunity with the regen gear doing its job.

I did try running with tank gear and it made only a small difference in terms of my survivability, but did cut my damage pretty harshly. I suspect that you’re accustomed to more organized play though and that extra second or two of staying alive means the healer can react and save you so you can continue punching. My experience is if the shield falls then I better be out of there quick or I’m dead, tank gear or not. The only tank gear that was tempting for me to use for the build was the Alamo-7 Armor, but I eventually settled back on my dps stuff.

I’m not sure how much hp he has normally but with my build I get around 1800 health i believe? It could be 1900 and just under 400 shield 398? I believe. I have 10 stacks just about the whole game because it’s easy enough to maintain stacks so having a larger pool to take the 30% reduced damage makes it so much more worth it.

Just some math for you. If i have 1700 health and 400 shield that adds up to a 2100 pool of damage he can take. Add in the 30% reduction and he mitigates 630 damage which is a hefty amount. Now add in an extra 200 health from another health/offensive item and that’s 1900 health with a 400 shield for a pool of 2300 which = 690 damage mitigated. That means he can take just about 3000 damage which is nothing to scoff at.

Meanwhile he can still out damage a lot of characters as long as he has stacks and his ult gives him the highest single target dps in the game now that Boldur’s fixed. The high healthpool also synergies with the life steal on clothesline as you can heal around 2000 health if you dive a wave with it.

If you have the gear try my build out and don’t leave after your shield drops but try and secure a kill or 2 by yourself. My deaths went down by a ton and although I don’t get as many kills, I make up for it with assists and half as many deaths. :grinning:

I’ve got just about any gear I could need and somewhere around 560k credits if I really want something out of packs so I try out lots of combinations :slight_smile:

My comment about my shields was mostly referring to fights around minions which is really the only area I struggle with since the changes. What players like to do is CC me when I’m on minions and then they’ll kill me with the added ridiculous damage from the minions; that’s where I find the tank gear does me no good at all and I actually need it to work there. Honestly, if El Dragon had been nerfed but we still had the old minions I wouldn’t have struggled at all to get back into the character. It’s really the combination of trying to clear minion waves with his lower damage and extreme squishiness that can cause issues. Those minions can dump absurd amounts of damage on you in the blink of an eye. That’s mostly a bad teammate issue but it’s a reality you have to live with if you solo queue.

That’s why I go 1R over 1L.

Splashing a minion wave is going to be how you lead your wave clear almost every time, the whole wave will be dealing a third of the normal damage to you as you are clearing.