Kwiegerton's Kwests & Kwestions!

For the “Did It All” trophy (Complete all side missions), IS every single side quest available in Normal Mode?

Honestly, I’ll need a bit of high powered help to defeat Terra…

Thanks in advance!

Also, since it’s been a long while, are there any tricky / missable ones?

Thanks very much in advance!

1 Like

You can do all the side quest in NVHM. For Terry you should be around lvl 50 and have good weapons.

2 Likes

Yes.

Yes.

4 Likes

I have friends with good weapons…

1 Like

Why does this plasmacaster in my inventory, either equipped or unequipped, have this weird little Red X beside it?

IMG_9539 IMG_9540

Thank you.

1 Like

Because you accidentally hit the button to mark the item as ‘Junk’ (on XB1, push down on left stick to toggle the flag) There’s an option in the “Sell” tab of any store to “Sell all junk” (same button).

Just going to go and merge your threads into a “Questions from a returning player” thread or something…

2 Likes

Ok so I’ve started a new Psycho for the purpose of finishing off my Handsome Collection - Borderlands 2 Platinum trophy (I had Platinum’d all the Blands games back on PS3, but I lost access to that PSN profile cuz the email address was so old when I switched to PS4.

This Krieg is tasked with completing level 1 of all non level specific challenges.

I’ve been very thorough since the very start of the game, and I don’t have many levels 1s left (really only enemies / gear types I haven’t encountered yet and chipping away at the large number of point blank shotgun kills and rocket launcher splash damage kills) but one that I have 0 far despite using shock weapons, grenades, and spike / Nova shields since around level 10 (currently about to hit 16), I have somehow not gotten a single Shock DoT caused Second Wind, despite I SWEAR watching it happen at least 10 or so times.

I know I’ll randomly purely by chance get it as I keep playing, but I literally only need ONE for level 1 of the challenge.

Any tips?

Is this challenge glitched?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Likes

Not glitched, but there are multiple ways for an enemy to die.

For challenge questions, I usually go to the master source:

Personally, I find this and related challenges a lot easier to achieve by being over-levelled compared to the map. I think I got this one by using a shock plasma caster (so splash only), dropping from TVHM or NVHM into normal, and running around bandit camps and spiderant or varkid areas with no shield on.

One thing to watch out for is that you don’t have any points in a skill that would ‘steal’ your own kill. Not familiar enough with Krieg’s full skill set yet, but I know there’s stuff in the right-hand tree that would do it.

4 Likes

Only in middle tree for Krieg.

I have an electric Caster right now.

How do I unequip my shield (stupid question)?

1 Like

Click on it and click on an empty space.

The info in the thread VaultHunter posted is how I deal with this $%%&% challenge now. Easy.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks.

1 Like

Got the one I need.

Haven’t opened that thread yet (gonna bookmark it though it looks shiny), just low level bandits, no shield, a shock caster, and a bit of luck.

Now back to up close shotgun kills and splash damage rocket kills!

3 Likes

Ah, I remember murdering hundreds of bandits with an overleveled butcher for “Face full of Buckshot” like it was yesterday

2 Likes

Crits with shotguns? You can maximize that by straight animal abuse. Keep shooting Bloodwing in the dome while she’s down before picking up collar.

As for the elemental second winds, they suck. Besides the co-op challenges and the absolutely ridiculous RL sniping challenges I think they are the only ones that I’ve never maxed out.

4 Likes

Nah it’s for point blank shotgun kills.
You need rank 5 to make rank 1 of “shotgun sniper” visible

3 Likes

I’m at 489 of 750!

(Point blank shotgun kills)

And only level 17!

2 Likes

As per the Prestige Guide:

-For Electrocution Second Winds, I recommend going to Terra’s Lair, and exiting back to Thousand Cuts, in Normal mode. You will spawn with two shield-wielding nomads right away. Down yourself, and shoot their chains with a Shock Lyuda, to release a midget, and hopefully get an electrocution second wind.
You can also lure midgets to barrels, and melee the barrel to get Barrel Kills. I also open all boxes in the cave and right outside of it, to get some progress in Open Lootable Boxes.
-For Point blank Shotgun Kills, I recommend Caustic Caverns. Plenty of Threshers and Varkids that either stay still or approach you.
-RL Splash Kills is easy to do with a Topneea in Pyro Pete’s Bar.

Just to point out that my guide lists steps to prestige with zero progress in challenges. If you are just after a specific challenge, the guide may not provide the quickest way.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Not gonna Prestige…just need a few more trophies for Platinum!

I did a TON of Prestige-into back on the PS3!

2 Likes

Oh, a lot of Varkids on Tundra express died for that one. Bonus if you shoot their tail so you also get a crit kill. I’ve tried to maximize all challenges on my main characters for completionism so I farmed stuff like this on them.

3 Likes

Shock: Shock Lyuda, in the Thousand Cuts Cave, in Normal Mode. Down yourself, and shoot at chains, or shields (I aim for upper corners, if my chain shot did not inflict a shock DOT).

Fire: Fire Lyuda in Sawtooth Cauldron, in TVHM. Down self, shoot shields of nomads, to inflict no bullet damage, but apply fire DOT.
Also works with Goliath helmets. The burn DOT gets applied almost 100% of the time.

Corrosive: Lvl 50 Infection in Friendship Gulag, in TVHM. Down self, shoot at loaders. Done.

2 Likes