Lag and crashes after mayhem 2.0 update

The introduction of the latest update has also introduced some game breaking lag and the occasional crash to my borderlands 3 experience. Below you’ll find a youtube link to a roughly minute long clip of a rather tame amount of the lag I’ve experienced lately. It gets worse than this and leads to a straight crash eventually. In the clip I make sure to show what gear I was using and what mayhem level and modifiers. I’m more than likely going to stop playing til they fix this because it is downright unplayable as it stands now.

Other than that the content is enjoyable if a little repetitive.

28 Likes

I’ve also had crashing problems on ps4 today, played maybe 10 minutes before the first one
Edit: second crash after less than a minute. Looks like I’ll just have to play another game thanks gearbox great update

8 Likes

the game crashed twice already. im playing on the ps4 pro (god of war model) with a 2tb ssd.

2 Likes

Yea 10 mins sounds about right. Tested this out in a few spots and all similar results. Slaughter shaft and cartel villa being the worst.

4 Likes

I have the original 500 GB ps4 with a 1 tb external plugged in and I know this thing is getting old but I haven’t had any issues with borderlands 3 til this update. Now its practically unplayable. The noise those elemental damage tethers make still echo in my head ugh

6 Likes

thats probably whats causing the game to crash.

1 Like

The audio bug? More than likely yea. It does make sense that as soon as the noise ramps up the fps starts dropping unbelievably. Ugh I hope they can fix this easily and soon since this stuff is limited time only.

6 Likes

Having the same issue trying to play splitscreen. In some areas it runs fairly decent, but others will lag and the sound cuts out to where it’ll freeze for 5 seconds or so. Needless to say it’s impossible to play when the screen janks so bad you can’t even aim in a mob’s general direction.

Edit: Crashing now when warping back to Sanctuary.

5 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem on mayhem 6 this sucks ass can’t even play it!

7 Likes

The game has always really felt kind of awful on console to me. Not only are the load times horrendous, but then you have the awful performance, and the enemies clearly moving and attacking with the expectation that you would have the accuracy and smooth movement only possible on a PC. Overall, it’s always kind of felt unfair and not as fun as it ought to be.

6 Likes

These crashes make me miss the first few months after release when it took a minute or 2 to open my menu in split screen. I hope they can fix this fast…

3 Likes

I’ve been running into the same exact turd-basket. Lagging to the point of the game not responding and having to hard-quit. It seems to happen whenever there’s a massive amount of enemies on the screen, I’m doing a ton of damage with elemental weapons/there’s a bunch of elemental effects on the screen, or there’s a lot of noise from enemies getting damaged…

…All of which are things that are, well, inevitable. And thusly, the devs in charge of this hotfix ought to have PREDICTED these problems, and FIXED them way before this patch went live.

Now I can barely play the game, let alone take any proper advantage of the new, limited-time event. And believe me, I did NOT have this problem until the most recent patch; my computer is capable of handling the game just fine.

You listening, devs? This is officially an issue that cannot be explained by hardware problems on OUR end. The problem is on YOUR hands. It’s on you to get this mess fixed.

9 Likes

Habe das gleiche Problem immer wieder bluescreen Abstürze im Spiel, beim Laden aus Hauptmenü, beim abmelden des Spieles…
Alles seit Update

I’m having the same issue on Xbox One. Single player, Mayhem 5, farming Lavender Crawley on Pandora and the sound just degenerated into a garbled mess, little bit of skipping, too, and the FPS started to drop. Finished the kill, legendaries on the ground for me and the game crashed. Same issue doing the Love, Guns and Tentacles meeting Wainwright and the first battle on the Cartel dlc. Did a full uninstall and reinstall, but same issue persists.

4 Likes

yep, crashing for me with zane in sanctuary. Non combat. Had just used a vendor to refill ammo, then wanted to change M levels. Game just blue screened.

3 Likes

Same here. Seemed to be fine on Mayhem 4 yesterday. Today went on to Mayhem 5 and it crashed all the time. Unbelievable lag, both on Pandora (farming for the loot-event) and on cartel villa. Using PS4 Pro with external extra drive.

5 Likes

Its terrible… Worse thing it this is a limited event, so us having this issue are going to miss most of it. They probably won’t put out a fix for a while. I bet we get maybe a day or two of playable content after they fix it (if they fix it).

9 Likes

ye i last about 10 to 15 min then crashing, if i use phasezerker com on amara im lucky to last 5 min before crashing so had to swap build just to get abit of play time in

4 Likes

had the same lag and crash issues I MAY have found the issue, check your mayhem modifiers for drone ranger. I can see that the video on the original post here has that modifier and so far for me after rerolling I haven’t experienced it again so far after a few hours of playing.

5 Likes

I had the same Problem.
But i was able to fix it by setting the Sound effect Volume to Zero.
It makes it a less enjoyable experience, but at least it becomes playable.
Hope I can Help with that :slight_smile:

4 Likes