Lag and crashes after mayhem 2.0 update

That helped me beat the boss the first time. Thanks, as soon as i saw your post i tried it and it worked.

1 Like

i have the exact same lag and sounds problems, i played the even for 4 hours yesterday and this happened 8 times in a row. and the game always ended up crashing when i traveled back to sanctuary.

to avoid it i had to save quit every 10 minutes. forget about killing the 3 underbosses.

1 Like

I’m not using that mod and mine is crashing on PS4 and sever lag

2 Likes

My Xbox 1 on mayhem 5 crashed on me 6 times in two hours yesterday but before the crash the sound would be garbled and distorted I haven’t played today but I’m hoping for a hot fix before I get off work I wasn’t happy last night it was making me angry and the sound glitches were giving me a headache

2 Likes

I played on M2 after the update and made it through one run on the Cartel map with no problems. Decided to kick it up to M6 to try and get some upgraded gear and after about 10-15 minutes the game starts to sputter and lag so bad it’s unplayable. I could travel back to Sanctuary fine and it never crashed, but this is a joke.

1 Like

I’ve been getting the same problem. Haven’t had any hard crashes but it got unplayable pretty quickly. Please, please, please fix this soon Gearbox! I am so excited to gear up!

1 Like

I also found that rerolling the mayhem modifiers to get rid of the drones also worked. I played for over 30 minutes on M6 without any stuttering or audio glitches. I went through the entire Ultraviolet level killing everything I could find and finished off Joey without any problems. Prior to this, I had to warp to another location as soon I heard audio stutters because if I kept going, it would always crash.

1 Like

So update: they said they’re going to implement a hotfix to correct the issue we are having with this. Seems one of the modifiers called Boundary Issues was the culprit and they’re turning that particular one off for now.

UPDATE: glitch fixed. Only took 1 day to address it! Thanks gearbox.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem, (I have a playstation 4 pro jet black). And never in my entire play hours of Borderlands 3 have I ever had it crash, until the mayhem 2.0 update. It has now crashed multiple times in the last few days and I am also experiencing the insane game braking lag and fps drops shown in your footage. Gearbox PLEASE, WE NEED YOUR HELP.

2 Likes

I’m lagging tonight, but last night things were good. What gives?

1 Like

Can’t even fight Joey Ultraviolet because it’s so choppy and the game crashes. I even turned off HDR and it still sucks.

1 Like

My game has been crashing ever since this new update and its been very laggy even though im hosting

3 Likes

Im having the same issues as all of you on my Xbox. I cant even get through the takedown without the game and audio starting to stutter, then crashing abruptly around the bridge. I can Barely make it through one run in the cartel, but then i have to savequit before my game has a total meltdown. I do like the new changes for mayhem 2.0 and the patch in general, but I cant say I’m a fan of literally being unable to play for longer than 10-15mins

3 Likes

Same. On PS4 pro. Was actually running fine the first day but just started using the yellowcake launcher and game lagged then crashed

I’ll try that rn

At first it looked like the hot fix did its trick, but as I’m playing the lagging is still happening

1 Like

I got the same issues. Playing on normal ps4 1tb. Full reinstall dosnt fix it. 3 chrashes in 1 hour gameplay.

2 Likes

It worked, well is for now :slight_smile:

Had extreme performance issues on mayhem 2.0 on my ps4 too while playing at m6. After we switched back to m4 it was no problem anymore.
Anyone knows if and when this is gonna be fixed? Really wanna play and loot on higher mayhem lvls

1 Like