Last Chance to Check out the Old Gearbox Forums

(Gearbox Licensing Human) #1

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder, the old Gearbox forums will be shutting down at midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning. If you’d like to take one last look around, you can do so here.

Thanks again, and we look forward to making many more memories here on the “new” forums with you all! :smiley:

2 Likes
(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #2

So, what will happen to all the copious links in the gear, guide, and build threads to the oldforums archive? Will they just return a generic browser error page, or redirect to a “Gone, gone, gone…” message? I have way too many to go through and either rewrite them to the Wayback Machine or delete them entirely!

3 Likes
(The Frisky Finisci.) #3

Oh man… I can only imagine how upset I’LL be when all of my hard work here takes it’s last walk on the green mile…

1 Like
(unmaking the universe with math) #4

Don’t worry Cam :grinning:

IMG_0310

5 Likes
(The Frisky Finisci.) #5

Oh, that is SO saved…

(Evo4g63t) #6

That’s ridiculous, at least save the popular threads and archive them.

2 Likes
(GREASE FOR SALE, GREASY FOR SALE!) #7

Sad days. At least I’ll still have the memories.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #8

We can update the links to point to the archived archive in the Wayback machine. :laughing:

Seriously though, that might work. :confused:
Even more serious: just quote the text of the original thread, cite the author, and call it good?

2 Likes
(Some say sic sense) #9

I guess I should plug this, then?

(Some say sic sense) #10

It’s Sunday morning. The forums are still up.

I’m confused.

(Watcher on the wall) #11

Shhhhhhh dont point it out. I want the old forums to live forever. I have too many memories there…

8 Likes
(Gearbox Licensing Human) #12

I think what happened is that they told me they were shutting it down on July 1st, then changed their minds after I’d already informed everyone. I think it should go down in the next few days.

(Some say sic sense) #13

And here I was having my hopes up. Bugger. Ah, well, we have backups. Thank you for explaining.

Aww man… I never really got used to the new forums. Looking back at the old ones now I can not understand why we switched tbh.

2,452 posts and countless hours spent there. Good bye old friend.

5 Likes