Last Wishes for a Last Update

This might be one of those engine quirks like Flakswapping. Though I only got it to happen once that a soundmodule was copied to other guns.

1 Like

This thread explains it: Aurelia critical hit badass challenge bug

1 Like

about Heartbreaker - I was thinking about this, maybe because this is my fav shotgun from BL2.

2 Likes

Also fix that bug pls

3 Likes

What bug?
If you mean the level, it is jsut bad RNG, not a glitch.

1 Like

“Cryo Damage +0%”

1 Like

Crouch Potato isn’t even that bad compared to some of the others. And actually rather easy if you use the guardian hunter mission. It’s still stupid high though. It should be closer to 500 or 1000. I do agree about Shuggurath. Not enough of them in the game. Should be about 50 or 100.

The worst though, that you didn’t even mention, relate to the grinder. “The daily grind” is stupidly, obnoxiously long. And some of the other grinder based ones are too luck or moonstone based. Getting moonshined equipment from the grinder happens too rarely I think for it to be useful. Moonstone grinding is a rather expensive for the goal levels in BAR.

But essentially the Bar challenges aren’t anywhere close to being balanced with each other. As an example, you can look at the shield based ones. The nova shield one is a good one to look at especially. Tier 5 is 200 kills with damage from a nova shield. Compared to 200 kills while buffed by a roid shield. The numbers should be lower due to the fact that it’s harder to keep roid shields in that state. I’d put that at 100 or so for tier 5. Sniper kills at 5000 is a little obscene. I’d easily cut that in half.

My concept for fixing them (at least if something similar existed in BL3 or if they did actually patch it in BL2/TPS), would be to try to put the goal numbers at a balance with each of the others in the list. If it would take someone 10 hours to specifically beat a certain bar challenge for 50 BAR points vs 1 hour for a different challenge for another 50 BAR points, then you’re probably off by a factor of 10 in your challenge levels. Assume for example that you hadn’t killed anyone with snipers yet. Or maybe about 20 enemies. Then you saw the goal of killing 5000. You’d go nope. I’ll go make 50 trades/duels with people instead.

1 Like

Oh.
Appologies.

But would increased Cryo damage be of any use?

1 Like

XboxOne

1 Like

Maybe when he first comes out. But then he just sits there and does nothing. Looking forward to the chart.

1 Like

bullpup and smasher. this bothers me quite a bit. for one of the better shotguns in the game to only be obtainable at level 0 is simply beyond me. i’m cool with the idea of ‘rewards’, i own multiple copies of both BL1 and BL2 so that’s not an issue, but i will never understand how rewarding someone with an item means that no one else should be able to earn the same item. both of these should have been added in as world drops when the four shift-code items were implemented, imo.

great thread btw. suggestions like giving unique enemies designated drops, unique skins for red-text items with generic skins, and adding a quick-change station to the holodome are all ideas that would improve greatly my daily TPS experience.

1 Like

As promised, here’s the picture of the shield with the bugged resistance prefix:

Looks like only the prefix is bugged, the card lists immunity to Freeze damage as expected (as far as I know elemental shields, i.e. Maliwan/Torgue shields, can only be immune to their own element).

1 Like

That’s true, but I’m not sure about what could cause that with other weapons, while I’m sure that simply having the Ice Scream equipped or in your inventory can trigger the ice cream truck sound effect.

Yeah, I think you’re right. I’ve updated the OP.

I’ll deepen that soon and add it to the OP.

I don’t know, I kinda like it, especially when I’m suffering from a dot.

That’s true, just like Omega Strike, it’s a bit underwhelming in terms of damage, being it a capstone.

I’m not sure about that, I don’t think it has reduced damage compared to a normal butt slam.

Never heard of it, I’ll do some research and, if it’s true, I’ll add it to the OP.

I guess it could have some uses during boss and raid boss fights. I’m not sure though, I don’t play much Wilhelm neither.

I’ve heard about it, I’ll look into that. Anyway, does it happen with some specific delivery systems (Lobbed, Rubberized, Longbow or Homing)?

Personally, I kinda like it, and, after all, is a tier 2 gamechanger…

I confess that I’ve never looked deeply into that, I’ll do that soon.

I don’t think I’ve ever experienced these issues. Just out of curiosity, what system are you on?

I didn’t consider that, I’ll remove it from the OP.

I honestly didn’t know that, because the door to get to the arena (after I beated the five rounds and farmed the Haymaker a bit) stayed closed…soooo…I couldn’t even get back there.

I know, but why is it an issue?

I’ll test that soon (because it kinda sounds hilarious), but I don’t think it is a fixable issue :sweat:

So, what level are enemies and missions at?

That’s true, consider it added.

That’s a good suggestion, but I guess that, just like with the BNK3R, Gearbox didn’t want us to be able to get there too quickly (in one case you have to go through all the Thousand Cuts, in the other through a big portion of Vorago Solitude), so I don’t think they would do it.

I didn’t know that, I’ll look into it.

But, does it happen consistently or was it only an isolated issue?

You know, compared to Borderlands 2, in this game there are A LOT of non-solid walls, so patching that would probably be a really big deal…

It isn’t that clear though, it seems like the cause of the glitch hasn’t been found yet. Don’t get me wrong, I want to add it, but I would also like to be able to describe the cause of the issue, so that it would be easier for Gearbox to fix it.

I’m not totally sure whether that’s a bug or an intended feature though…

That seems to be a pretty common complaint, which, I’ll confess, I’m not too expert about. As I said I’ll take them seriously into account.

True, I’ll report it.

That’s a good idea about how to fix them, and I hope it will be seriously considered for Borderlands 3, although I don’t see such a major rebalancing for this game to be a possibility, unfortunately…

I’ve even been able to reproduce it, I guess that I’ve never experienced that because, since I usually play in coop, I prefer going in a menu to avoid consuming ammo. I’ll add it soon.

I’ll report it then!

This is an interesting topic. I don’t like things being simply world drops, but making them assigned drops would make them too easily available to those who didn’t play the first two games. What would you suggest?

Thanks, that means a lot :blush:

I totally agree.

Thanks a lot, I’ll add a link to it in the OP. :+1:

I’ve never thought about that, I think you’re right!

Also, sorry everybody for the delay of the answers and for not having added the reported bugs to the OP, but I’ve been a bit busy…
I’ll add them between this weekend and the first days of the next week for sure, though!

1 Like

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]I don’t know, I kinda like it, especially when I’m suffering from a dot.[/quote]Hmm, 5% max health per Stalwart point… that might be somewhat useful, but the friendly fire absorption … why shouldn’t the other vault hunters shoot the enemies directly instead of charging your shield? That’s what I meant with “useless”.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]I’m not sure about that, I don’t think it has reduced damage compared to a normal butt slam.[/quote]That was meant as a suggestion. The singularity effect of Epicenter is not worth much without a decent range, and to compensate for the slam damage being applied to enemies in a bigger area, the damage could be reduced.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]I’ve heard about it, I’ll look into that. Anyway, does it happen with some specific delivery systems (Lobbed, Rubberized, Longbow or Homing)?[/quote]Most delivery systems, as far as I know. Homing and Sticky Homing compensate for the lack of aiming skill, of course. But the Jack Skills Guide has some info on it.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]Personally, I kinda like it, and, after all, is a tier 2 gamechanger…[/quote]The Jack Skills Guide has some info on why this one is bad as well.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]I don’t think I’ve ever experienced these issues. Just out of curiosity, what system are you on?[/quote]I’m on Steam. Here are some screenshots… Both vehicles deployed:

By the way, the vehicle preview also only works for the first vehicle, as the screenshots show, even when I select a vehicle skin. Using a map transition seems to fix that, though, which is why both previews are visible in the first screenshot.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]I honestly didn’t know that, because the door to get to the arena (after I beated the five rounds and farmed the Haymaker a bit) stayed closed…soooo…I couldn’t even get back there.[/quote]Strange, I’ll need to check that again, it’s been a while.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]I know, but why is it an issue?[/quote]Maybe I didn’t want to start the fifth round yet … because that locks its level, which determines the Haymaker’s level.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]But, does it happen consistently or was it only an isolated issue?[/quote]It happens every single time. I just reproduced it, here’s a screenshot:

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]So, what level are enemies and missions at?[/quote]The enemies …I dunno, probably around the mission levels. I was steamrolling the game anyway with my level 51 - 52 Jack. I only noticed it a few rounds into the Holodome when I thought, “That’s even easier than it should be - oh look, a level 47 Dahl soldier; that’s why”. The mission levels I can check in the log - Holodome rounds 1 - 5 and BA were 46, 47, 49, 50, 50, 50. Claptastic was 50 all the way for me (excluding h4x0rz and l33t h4x0rz at 53 - wait, what? they weren’t capped at 50 in TVHM?), but someone else on these forums complained that.

[quote=“an_arbitrary_firefly, post:33, topic:1273098”]You know, compared to Borderlands 2, in this game there are A LOT of non-solid walls, so patching that would probably be a really big deal…[/quote]Yes, there’s a lot of missing walls. But with the Digistruct Peak grenade jump fix, the mutator arena should get fixed at least.

1 Like

Not the damage, but the radius of which it effects near by enemies. It needs to somewhere in between the effective range of Polar Vortex and Converge. Because as of now it doesn’t even come close to what a white singularity grenade can do.

It’s actually not a terrible skill… for co-op. It allows you to essentially become a health an shield vendor and your co-op friends can proc Vanguard and United Front to restore their health and shields either mid-combat or between fights (if they are close enough).

Based on some test I saw the base wrist laser the Digi-Jacks have does about 5200 damage, with Diversify that turns into 5700 damage… if all 4 pellets hit. And it has a ■■■■■■ spread and loses the slight homing ability the base wrist laser has, making it so that there is a good chance you won’t hit any of the pellets at range, let alone all 4.

1 Like

agree completely on both points.

adding it to the invincible sentinels ever-growing loot pool was my first thought, but farming him in hopes of a cryo longnail is already enough fun for me.

hmm, as most of us know chubby enemies actually DO exist inside of the pre-sequel. only problem is, they don’t drop any goodies (aside from a moonstone cluster, perhaps). what if chubby variants were able to drop a few red-text items such as the bullpup and smasher. the amount of chubby spawns would keep these items from being too easily obtained, while also providing a somewhat viable farming method.

thats the best i can come up with. and again, great work by all of those contributing to this thread.

2 Likes

well, actually what RK5 has in its loot pool?

1 Like

It looks like digi-Jacks simply try to throw it where the enemy is at, so, if they’re in front of a wall or a column, they’re basically going to throw it at their feet. I don’t really know how it could be fixed, maybe I should do some further testing with longbows before…

Ok, that’s weird… I’ll add it soon.

So, I went there with my Jack (after remembering that I still have to do that arena with him), finished the quests, saved, quitted and then I got back there. Not only the enemies respawn (as you said), but they come in three waves and, at the end, two Badass Outlaws spawn (like at the end of the fifth round). So it looks like the fifth round basically is repeatable, just without a quest and a reward. So, I’m removing the section about this dlc from the OP. Thanks again for the report :+1:

Consider it added, then!

Yeah, after some research I found that it happened to quite a lot of people. I’ll report it!

Ok, I’ll add it to the OP.

Mh, I agree that the range is too tiny, but would making it the same as Converge or as a singularity grenade be balanced? Because, differently from Converge (where you have to wait for a cooldown) and grenades (which can be used a limited amount of times), it basically doesn’t have any kind of limitation, apart from being slightly harder to perform in areas with normal gravity…

I agree, it can have quite a few unique uses.

Oh…
So, it’s basically terrible. I didn’t know that. So what would you suggest to fix it? Buffing its damage, leaving the slight homing ability, tightening the spread?

I’m still looking for a fire one, I’m sooooooooo tired of ZX-1…

That’s a good idea. As you may know, I’m developing a chart (is finished in reality, i was thinking about sharing it the same day I’ll add the reported bugs to the OP) for the reassignment of unique drops and I was thinking about adding Celestial class mods to the chubbys’ loot pool as guaranteed drops. Do you think that adding both Celestial coms and loyalty rewards as guaranteed drops would be exaggerated or impossible?

There have been many rumors (Hellfire, Shredifier, Invader, Sham…), but I don’t think it has a unique loot pool.

I mean it is about the size of your base slam which isn’t very big, and you can try it out to get a feel for it if you haven’t already.

And its’ not like they have broken the balance with other skills.

• Close Enough <<<<<< Trick Shot
  • Jack’s kill skills should need a kill to proc, but leadership makes them always on.
  • Cryo >>>>>> Phaselock (which is kinda sad to devalue a VH’s action skill like that and give it to every one, no cooldown needed)
  • Ect…

And Xiphos Athena could use the boost when she has skills like YGRoY and FotA for her tier 5 skills.

I don’t really know, but a much tighter spread and a bit of a damage boost wouldn’t be bad.

I’ll call the Digi-Jack pet build expert @boombumr

1 Like

RK5, and as far as I know Denial Subroutine and The Darksiders doesn’t have unique loot pool, so 5 bosses can drop something.

1 Like